Recruit

PROPORTIONAL SMOKE UNIT

Post by cd233u »

hi how do i fill my new HL PROPORTIONAL SMOKE UNIT with oil for the first time
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: PROPORTIONAL SMOKE UNIT

Post by MichaelC »

Same as the non-proportional ones. Usually they are a little wet anyway so I would check before filling it. You don't want to overfill/saturate the cotton sponge.
cd233u
Recruit

Post by cd233u »

never had a non-proportional ones to know how to fill them up
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Put the fluid bottle pipe in one of the exhaust pipes and let gravety allow a couple of ml down the exhaust pipe. Leave for a few minutes to allow fluid to work all the way to the smoker.

Don't be tempted more is better it will stop it working if you over fill and just a few drops of the fluid lasts a long time. If it looks like its run out of fluid turn off and wait five minute and start up to see if it smokes again, I find for some reason after a while the smoke effects lessons but just needs a break.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Ian is right, if you put too much it won't work. Sometimes I have to let them dry for days before they will produce smokes again if at all. I would still run it without adding oil first to see if it works. You can usually see if it is already oiled up by touching the side of the tank etc. If it is bone dry then you might want to add couple of drops, but if it is slick in anyway it will produce smoke. BTW, I have never gotten a proportional smoker to work. Takes me a while to figure out how to hook it up and then NOTHING. Make sure you get the POS/NEG to the motor soldered properly.

If you have the tank open and can unplug the tube then just add it directly. Otherwise you will need to snake in the oil with the long plastic tube thru the plastic hoses.
cd233u
Recruit

Post by cd233u »

which is the best oil to use
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

I just use the Heng long stuff.

Some people mix they own which will give you a litre or more at a go. Also heard baby oil works great but I didn't have any so not tried.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com

Return to “Smokers”