My first tank build.

jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: My first tank build.

Post by jackalope »

jarndice wrote:Hallo Jack, As everyone else is tearing you to pieces!!!!!!!!!!!! :lolno: I should like to point out something that every 1/16 r/c Tiger 1 has on its hull and should not, The aerial stowage tube on the rear top side of the hull is only on the left rear (looking from the front) but TAMIYA, TORRO, TAIGEN, HENG LONG and everyone I have missed out all have one on EACH side, it can be a bit of a pain to remove, but if you don't want some ten year old smart a*se pointing it out it is better off than on, there now you feel much better? In truth you are doing a lovely job, and we all know how challenging any build is let alone when all the knowalls are looking over your shoulder. :thumbup:

Jarndice, much like Doc if I had any idea what you were talking about I'd fix it. :haha: What "tube" do you mean? And I think everyone here has been very nice to me so far, I don't mind those who are more knowledgeable then I telling me what I COULD or SHOULD fix because truth be told I do have a plan for my Tiger that so far I have yet to see anyone on this board do the mods I'm thinking about. ;) But I thank you, its nice to see someone stick up for the newb.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jack my friend, if you look at the engine covers on your Tiger you will see running along the outside is a tube or pipe on both sides, these are the aerial stowage tubes, the Tiger only had one and it was on the left side (looking from the front) the other one is wrong and should be removed, BUT only if you can be bothered, the majority of 1/16 Tigers are running around with both on and it does not seem to stop them working :haha: some people take this hobby very seriously, some of us think life's to short to worry. shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:PAH, I don't care, I have two daughters, there is nothing you can teach me about sulking :haha: , we have a saying in this country "nobody likes a smart a*se" now if you will excuse me, somewhere around here there is a cat I need to kick >:< shaun
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Hey no need to sulk...just add the antenna :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Thanks for all the information everyone, I had no idea about the tube, or the turret being SO wrong until you guys told me.

Ok so far I have the new Taigen turret to get with metal upgrade parts, removal of that tube, and of course weathering and some battle damage. The drives block and ball gun, tools and cables.

Anything else you guys can think of? I also have my OWN little mods I'm planning that go beyond what we've talked about but I'd like to keep it as a surprise. :think: :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Gidday Mr Jack, if you do decide to remove the phantom tube, it takes a lot more hacking and slashing than you would think just looking at it !
I think its worth it in the end , theres much to do on these to pimp them out !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Best advice I can give you Jack ....Is build it how you want...not how someone else tells you to make it.....because the bottom line is it is your tank... :thumbup:

ALPHA
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hear Hear. shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

soz is i've kicked up some sh*t always thought on early tigers the commader's hatch was 45 deg to the loader's hatch hinges ! as for dirt, i think ALL tanks should have wear and tear or battle damage ! dont mind seeing clean tanks BUT take your pics then weather it in my opinion !
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

doc larsson wrote:soz is i've kicked up some sh*t always thought on early tigers the commader's hatch was 45 deg to the loader's hatch hinges ! as for dirt, i think ALL tanks should have wear and tear or battle damage ! dont mind seeing clean tanks BUT take your pics then weather it in my opinion !
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: I love it :haha: :haha: ...Nothing wrong with consistency Doc... my tanks are consistently clean :haha: ...but yeah if I was doing a historical... a little dirt never hurts :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:Hear Hear. shaun
Yup... It's not a bad thing fielding advice.....but it is always better to evaluate a project before applying it ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Tiger I”