M36B1 attempt

jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: M36B1 attempt

Post by jackalope »

Mone came with a yellow LED in the gun barrel and what turned out to be an IR emitter tucked in behind it. I only found out what it was after I removed them.

Thinking of getting an IR kit for it so I can battle with it.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

A quick test fit of the speaker, battery, and PCB holder while I am waiting for the Elmod board to arrive. Loads of room so at least I know that I won't have any last minute panic attacks. Image

Sent from my phone using Fumblefingers v1.2
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Well that's the fastest that the German post has ever delivered anything!

I'll install it later...I have a vote to cast...

Sent from my phone using Fumblefingers v1.2
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Rebel 1
Recruit

Post by Rebel 1 »

Great looking M36B1 build W.W. 8) Thanks for the tip of using channel 5 and the rotary knob on the FS-T6. It's a real pain having the elevation on the stick. I have the same radio I'm planning to use for my 1/6 M5 Stuart build.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you come up with your screen name or call sign as some guys call it? I know there's a story behind most of the names we use on sites like these. Rebel 1 came about because I inadvertently caused quite a stir about a poorly shaped fiberglass USN Destroyer hull I bought. All I did was to point out the flaws thinking others would be happy to know what it would need to make it look correct.

Anyway, great build thanks for sharing. 8)
Just give me something to shoot at!!! ;D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The M36 is a great little tank, runs like a dream and having a metal turret on the plastic hull doesn't faze it at all. Having a servo elevation on this one tempts me to do it to all of my tanks, it makes life so much easier. In the meantime I have the live wire to the elevation motors in my other tanks cut and clamped into a double block connector. If I am indoors the wire from the motor is clamped into the 'wrong' hole, and if I am outdoors it is moved to the right one to complete the circuit again. I could use a bullet connector, or even a switch in a hatch somewhere (an old smoke unit switch would do just fine).

The name came about donkeys years ago, I was trying to create an account on a site but everything I tried was already taken, I seem to recall going mad trying to find a name, and having this sketch spring into my head.

phpBB [video]
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Rebel 1
Recruit

Post by Rebel 1 »

Thanks WW, that is soooooooo funny :lolno: :lolno: :crazy: :crazy: :clap: :clap: 8) . The cable package I have at the moment doesn't include the BBC and if it did this show may not still be on. I'll search YouTube to see if I can find any complete episodes. ;D

My other nick name/call sign "Reamer" was given to me by one of my brothers friends. He thought it would bother me, but being a machinist back then it was a task I did on the job. That name has stuck to me like glue for more than 30 years.

If you don't mind I'm going to add you as a friend. Thanks again for sharing what may have been a simple thing to you such as using ch 5 for gun elevation. :thumbup:

Roger/Rebel 1 :wave:
Just give me something to shoot at!!! ;D
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Can you please give me the measurements of the Elmod board as that's what I'm planning on using in my M36.

Return to “Sherman”