oz,s kubelwagen.

Up to the end of WWII
thecommandernj
Private

Re: oz,s kubelwagen.

Post by thecommandernj »

grim_marmazet wrote: That camera and screen is awesome! I wanted a similar set-up for my Tiger. I was going to mount the camera behind the drivers vision port, or maybe if I can find one small enough behind the gunners sight. How did you attach the screen to the Tx?
Cheers,
Rik

Thanks Rik,  ;D
                            I was going to mount my first one if the vision port also but the action would have to be right infront of the tank to be really fun. On the turret allows you to scan around and hide. When I first got into tanks about five years ago with the Heng Longs I used to bring them on vacation (we travel in a RV/ Motorhome) and I used to drive it around the campground. I would sit at the TV and it would drive folks wild trying to figure out where it came from and how it was being driven. I needed to scan before crossing the roads and the turret was the best option. It is also fun to look over the barrel. I have also mounted cameras inside 1/16 & 18 soldiers atop the tank and in the hatches as well. I have sold many custom units to people for tanks, boats, truck and planes. The faster RC cars just bounce too much for a nice picture. As for the mounting system I have tested many method over the years.... fixed bracket (too permanent), Velcro (good but a little wobbly and hard to make fine adjustments), double sided tape (NO fine adjustment and too sticky)....the best has been "Fun Tack". It is a putty like temporary adhesive (it comes in many colors and can be painted or colored with a magic marker) used to hanging posters and mounting displays. I "stole" some from my wife 15 years ago and it is great for building models and test fitting pieces. Any school supply or hobby shop should have it.
                                                              Good luck and let me know it I can help you further, God Bless    Bob  thecommandernj
Thanks to all the Veterans who fought for our freedom. For without their sacrifices these forums would not exist!!!
He who ends with the most toys wins.

Return to “Wheeled and Half-Tracked Vehicles”