It's finally here!!! My Tamiya Jagdpanther.

Glory71
Private

Re: It's finally here!!! My Tamiya Jagdpanther.

Post by Glory71 »

week 3...

Body Work

I did not like the initial paint dark green (as recommend by Tamiya). I wanted the Panzer Green. Fortunately I think I found a match which is the Tamiya Deep Green - XF26. Also, I scraped some battles scars off the side of the tank. Hopefully...again...when I detail the tank with washing and post-shading later on...it will show.

Moreover, I decided to re-arrange the tools, c-hooks, etc on the side of the tank to the rear to reflect the really late Jagdpanther (as I think modified by the tank crew then).
A reporter ask a US Delta Force Sniper based in Afghanistan - "What do you feel when you shoot them (Taliban)?" ... "Recoil".
Glory71
Private

Post by Glory71 »

week 3...

re-arranging of tools
A reporter ask a US Delta Force Sniper based in Afghanistan - "What do you feel when you shoot them (Taliban)?" ... "Recoil".
Glory71
Private

Post by Glory71 »

week 3...

Also on this week, I received most of the upgrades I ordered including the Asiatam metal tracks from RCCommand.Com. Bill is such a nice fellow to talk to. His customer service is absolutely magnificent. This guy works so hard that he even works on Sundays.

Anyway...here are the photo's.
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Looking really good Jon. I like the tools re-arrangement. Keep the pics coming.
Cheers
Chris  ;D
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Where did you get the gear reduciton units from and what are the reduction of them are they 3:1 ,would love to see more photos of them and the diamensions diameter and length,is there plenty of clearance to fit them .

regards pete

P.S. The tank is looking great keep up the work and the Post is well detailed love your work on the recoil unit .
Glory71
Private

Post by Glory71 »

971wright,

Sorry for the late reply. I had an extremely busy weekend.

I got it from RC4WD (a company based here in the States) http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=931 AND it's 2:1 not 3:1. Also, I checked it on my Tamiya Sherman, it'll fit but you may have to do some modifications.

Dimensions: Length 17mm; Diameter 25 mm

Important note: this product is designed for regular 360 brushed motor, its not designed to run on high power brushless motors! It will work, but I think it wont last a long time.
Last edited by Glory71 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glory71
Private

Post by Glory71 »

week 4 to 6 (mostly painting)

Sprocket and Idler wheels...pre shading (front) wash (back)
Last edited by Glory71 on Sat May 02, 2009 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glory71
Private

Post by Glory71 »

continued...

Parts arrived from Tamiya, Steve of Welsh Dragon, and Stella Models.
Glory71
Private

Post by Glory71 »

continued...

Applied putty for that muddy look.
Last edited by Glory71 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glory71
Private

Post by Glory71 »

Continued…

Return to “Jagdpanther”