Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tomhugill
Captain

Re: M36B1 attempt

Post by tomhugill »

Really liking the covers for the servo and breach! Could you be persuaded to print me some for mine?
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

PM me, we should be able to sort something out. I am still refining the servo cover so that it is a neat install. As to what was going on in Mato's heads when they located the elevation servo I have no idea, they could have made a much neater job of it without any more work at all, possibly mounting it under the turret floor. The servo 'seems' to be a 360 degree continuous rotation one as there are no stops on the arm movement, but I won't know for sure until I can hook it up to a board or rx.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Rob, looks like this is going turn out a real belter!!!

John
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I totally dismantled all of the suspension units today, primered, and started airbrushing. I now have a box with a gazillion parts in it...should be fun when I have to reassemble them?

Sent by carrier pigeon using Tapalot
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

ImageImage

Managed to get some paint on the suspension, lower hull, and upper hull. Reassembled it all to check that it all went back together ok. Now need to rebuild the front, and then I can get back to sorting out the turret.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using Tapatalk
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Looking forward to seeing this one in the flesh, top job Rob!!

John
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just hit a problem with the elevation servo, there are two clumsy screws with locknuts and washers that clamp the servo down. One of the bolts has had its thread stripped so badly that the locknut is only a loose fit on the threads. There are two ways that I can solve this, one is to get some new countersunk bolts, the other is to drill new holes (the bolts are too close to the servo body, and the last is to simply glue the servo down, though I can't do that until I know that the servo is centred as I won't be able to get to the screw on the arm once it is permanently in place.

I tested the servo on a Clark board set up. however as there is no elevation servo support on those, I simply plugged the servo straight into channel 5 on the receiver. I then configured the transmitter so that a rotary knob operated channel 5. It's actually a much better way to control elevation as there is no chance of accidently activating the elevation when using the gun fire or turret rotation on the tx sticks.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

W.W.,
How about simply sticking that servo down with some 3M product. They make a clear tape that grips like a vise yet is removable if you want to swap things out in the future. I use it now for storage details like crates, ammo cans and helmets, etc.. Haven't lost anything yet.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

What's the tape called? Sounds like it might be a neater solution.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Sherman”