Decided on a Heng Long ... T-34/85

puramo
Lance Corporal

Re: Decided on a Heng Long ... T-34/85

Post by puramo »

Hey,
some notes from the battlefield
imo I would not recommend Phil's suspension mod (I just took mine all out and sorry Phil), unless you just want it for pure looks - and it does look cool, very low rider

why, 'cos the HLT-34 tensioner only has a couple of viable options, (you'll see what I mean if you ever try to use it) and on factory setting it's allready on max tension, so you if you keep the suspension from fully pushing out you get more track slack and more slipped tracks.

With the HLT-34 you can only drop 2 links at a time, not one. With 2 links dropped and lowered suspension, even on the tensioner's slackest viable option it's too tight. With the standard set up you get good ride height for backyard bashing and imo the best track tension option (but admitted not the best looks)

I'd like to know what your experiences are, those are mine so far

However the springs can be set to hard and a little less hard (not swopping springs over - I found that mod makes the suspension too soft and the tank sometimes sags), a little less hard makes for a slightly better ride, the factory setting is very stiff. (and if you do take those bits off watch the little washers, they have a nasty habit of disappearing....)
BC: I couldn't do that. Could you do that? Why can they do it? Who are those guys?

Return to “T-34”