Nashorn build with all 3d printed parts - New project

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Nashorn build from a Panzer IV lower hull

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Carl, The only wiring you will need to do for your tank is on the CN9 connector (see the Clark documentation). The gun slew motor connects to pins 7 and 8 of the CN9 connector (these are the two pins nearest the corner of the Clark board), with the red cable connected to pin 7, the black to pin 8. Your front light should be connected to pins 2 and 3 with positive to pin3, negative to pin 2. You may need to canibalise one of the 8 cable wiring connectors from your wiring kit to do this or you may opt to get an 8 pin mini board that is readily available
http://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p97 ... _Tank.html

The recoil servo connects to J2 and will work without changes to the board settings. The elevate servo connects to J4 and you will need to activate this according to the Clark instructions.

At the moment you are the proud possessor of a limited edition Nashorn Tank as there doesn't seem to be much interest in the second kit, but we will see what happens when I'm back from my break. If no-one buys the second kit then I'll build it as an Eastern Front version and sell it as a complete tank (or keep it, who knows)!

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Nice completed machine mate, how much of a kings ransom is one f these kits ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Herman

The kit is as follows:

Lower hull as seen . The chassis will need
Stug 3 or Panzer 3 gearbox covers
Gearboxes to your choice
Stug 3 or Panzer 3 sprockets
Panzer 4 Idler wheels and screws - the latest hull has these so not required
Tracks - because of the extended chassis you will need an extra 6 links per side, plus some extras if you want to put spare tracks on the front glacis

There will not be any wiring/electronics at all with the chassis so all that will be needed. Personally I would recommend either the IBU2 pro or IBU3 but beware that space in the hull is limited so check on fit before buying. If you go for the IBU option then I would recommend using a slew servo in place of the motor I will be providing. Carl is using the Clark TK60 and slimline battery which fits.

Upper hull as seen in the kit thread including ammo cabinets and rear tool box which are included but not glued/fastened to facilitate painting. Front light, jack, and jack pad not included. A gun slew motor will be fitted with corresponding arm and linkage for slewing the gun assembly The hull will be unpainted.

PAK43 gun in complete form and unpainted. Some filling/sanding/finishing will be required depending on your personal taste, and will obviously need painting so some disassembly/reassembly will be required. The gun will come with recoil and elevation servos and links fitted.

Basically what you see in the Nashorn Kit thread
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21789
is what you would get. All the finishing/painting and fitting electronics/gearboxes/idler wheels/tracks etc is down to buyers preference.

That's basically it. You can see what can be done in my Nashorn thread.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20527

The cost of the kit as described above is £295 plus postage.

I'm not sure what the postage would be to the Antipodes but I can do some research.

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Kit no 2 is now spoken for and in progress for delivery in early July :thumbup: :thumbup: . Anyone else interested please let me know so that parts production can be got under way, I do have a chassis in stock so lead time would be mid July.

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

AlwynTurner wrote:Kit no 2 is now spoken for and in progress for delivery in early July Image Image . Anyone else interested please let me know so that parts production can be got under way, I do have a chassis in stock so lead time would be mid July.

Alwyn Image :wave:
Great news about the kit! Someone will be very happyImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Me! I will be looking for advice and assistance in finishing from those who have gone before. (Big Hint) ;D
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Me! I will be looking for advice and assistance in finishing from those who have gone before. (Big Hint) ;D
AbsolutelyImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Love it Alwyn, the way that gun moves and recoils is perfect. Top job. :thumbup:

Richard, if you need any help with it just let me know, I will be more than happy to assist/steal your purchase.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Nashorn build with all 3d printed parts - New project

Post by AlwynTurner »

I decided that I would revisit this project and design all 3d printed parts without reliance on styrene parts and a panzer 4 hull (they are as rare as rocking horse poo and cost a fortune).
Here is the start of the hull design - much more work but at least it's started

Once the chassis design is complete I'm going to move on to the upper hull styrene parts. When completed I will be making the stls available for the usual fee

tomhugill
Captain

Re: Nashorn build with all 3d printed parts - New project

Post by tomhugill »

AlwynTurner wrote:I decided that I would revisit this project and design all 3d printed parts without reliance on styrene parts and a panzer 4 hull (they are as rare as rocking horse poo and cost a fortune).
Here is the start of the hull design - much more work but at least it's started

Once the chassis design is complete I'm going to move on to the upper hull styrene parts. When completed I will be making the stls available for the usual fee

Alwyn Image :wave:
Hey Alwyn! Nice to see you still working on this. I finally got my one done. Image

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Return to “Panzer IV”