finally

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Re: finally

Post by jee »

Thanks Alwyn,

I am currently printing at nozzle 200 and bed 60, standard settings as far as I know.

when it fails it is stringing a lot, tomorrow I will try it again and will make pictures if it goes wrong again,

retraction is on, 8mm and speed 50mm/s, Z-hop is not on.
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

OK set the z hop to on, check that you have the cooling fan running, if you are using pla try cutting the print head temp to 197, then 195. This may sound silly but check that the screws holding the print head are tight, when I got my cr-10 a lot of the screws weren't tightened and the one I forgot to check was the one holding the hot end was loose and consequently the print quality was awful because the nozzle was wiggling around
:{ 8O

If it goes wrong again post some pics

Regards
Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Alwyn,
Thanks, I had to look for Z-hop.
I use ultimaker cura or/and creality cura.
they are basically the same, althoug in ultimakeer i dont have the profile for the Ender 3 max, where creality cura didnt show Z-hop in the settings.
Afer some searching I found where I could switch it on, so I see it in the settings, so switched it on for the slicing.

I am now printing the barrels, which goes ok so far.
After this the next attempt for the jacks.
Regards,
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Yeah, managed to print both jacks without problems, Z-hop did the trick :D

So, I will continue with the other parts.

In the mean time I also find a very nice detailed version of the nebelwerfer in 58mm, so I upscaled it and that will be the next project, that way I can easily compare them and have a battery of nebelwerfers :D
Regards,
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

That's great Jee, glad you managed to find the right settings, navigating the CURA settings can be tricky when you are a new learner. :crazy: :/

Good luck with your printing projects
Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild

Return to “3D Printing”