Heng Long T72 Problems

Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Heng Long T72 Problems

Post by Jimster »

Yup. Sounds as if it fell from the shipping container, bounced off the deck of the Chang Xi Chong and landed on the loading dock nose first. Just a wild guess of course. (no disrespect intended towards foreign shipping companies of course)
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Certainly you should ask for a replacement. Take photos to send with your request.
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

I am asking for set of hulls ( top has broken screw mount lug) and lower has cracks at the edges. Dai
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Post by Guido Henn »

Hi there,

sad to see these pictures, but the plastic tubs of the T90 and T72 do not tolerate the metal tracks so well.
I recommend installing a track tensioner, which is not only there to adjust the tracks, it is also responsible for stabilizing the entire front. Take a look at my site; the installation is not very difficult.

I've seen copies from the Far East, but it's better to buy the original :thumbup:

best regards, Guido
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Gonna avoid this issue with the idler by installing the T-72 metal hull, but that is going to be an expensive option. I say "is", but it's already on the way here so might say "was". :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

Guido Henn wrote:Hi there,

sad to see these pictures, but the plastic tubs of the T90 and T72 do not tolerate the metal tracks so well.
I recommend installing a track tensioner, which is not only there to adjust the tracks, it is also responsible for stabilizing the entire front. Take a look at my site; the installation is not very difficult.

I've seen copies from the Far East, but it's better to buy the original :thumbup:

best regards, Guido
I have asked Toucan Hobby for a full refund or credit so I can buy another tank. I think someone drops this on the floor because it is should be evident when open the box. Dai
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

Guido Henn wrote:Hi there,

best regards, Guido
Please send me the link to the parts to buy. Thanks Dai
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Post by Guido Henn »

Hello,

just send a PM.

with kind regards,Guido
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

Guido Henn wrote:Hello,

just send a PM.

with kind regards,Guido
I will open the link and order 2 (I will need to do the same on the T90). Toucan will send me new upper and lower hull so I want to do as many mods as I can to make a better tank. Those large headlights are crying out loud for LEDs so any mods that you have to offer please let me know. Dai
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

You wrote that, "Toucan will send me new upper and lower hull." This must mean that Toucan Hobby was willing to make compensation for the damage. Am I correct?

Return to “T-72”