Oztrucks trucks

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
oztruck
Corporal

Re: Oztrucks trucks

Post by oztruck »

Thanks for the nice words guys, but you are right about it being hard to find a place to park them Tony. Yeah BIGMIG todays trucks over here in oz run 600+ horses, cruse control, and some are even auto.
Here are a couple of others I have built
HL Pershing, HL Bull Dog,HL powered T34/85 IR, HL Tiger 1, HL Pz III, Stug III IR, PzIV, King Tiger, WSN Tiger1 mid IR, T34/85 winter IR, HL Jagpanther IR
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

tiger 205

where have you been !

oztrucker an me are also members of several rc truck site

the trucks take up quite a chunk of time as like tanks there are so many different ways you can go to produce a truck .. and there is a lot of work involverd in cab building most are very very heavy conversions  ..

i would say 90% are based on tamiya truck kits ....
but tther are a lot of fab buliders out there and like this site always willing to share ideas and build know how ..

would like to say .. you need deep pockets as the tam kits are not cheap .. abd scrapping a cab ... is expensive ....
Last edited by tiger205 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A tidy desk
is a sure sign of a sick mind ?
FireflyKeith
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by FireflyKeith »

Nice collection of trucks you have there, is that tanker based on the one in the film Duel.
oztruck
Corporal

Post by oztruck »

Yep, did a whole of research on it, They had 3 trucks for the movie. The one I copied is the one from the original movie and the one that went over the cliff. There was another one that they used in making a few more scenes when they extended the movie to feature length, and the other was a spare. A guy in the States has the last one and is slowly changing it to look like mine (the original)
Last edited by oztruck on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
HL Pershing, HL Bull Dog,HL powered T34/85 IR, HL Tiger 1, HL Pz III, Stug III IR, PzIV, King Tiger, WSN Tiger1 mid IR, T34/85 winter IR, HL Jagpanther IR

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”