Sdkfz 222 build by Johnf

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Sdkfz 222 build by Johnf

Post by ALPHA »

John... I see your point about the motors... it does look like it might be hard to hide them if you did the interior
But you have really come a long way from when that model was in that box...she looks fantastic :D

ALPHA
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

ALPHA wrote: YOU DO 1/6 TOO ZUUL?????????????? 8O
Hah, not yet but I will. I have this model+motion pack equipment John is building tucked away for once the Tiger, and whatever else is in the way gets done. I might have the last Armortek 222 left on the planet that hasn't been assembled. :haha:

Honestly, you need to see it against something to really appreciate the scale. It's freakin' huge.

I also have an Armor Hobbies SDKFZ 250 put away but it's not even close to Armortek's level. Saving this one for a cheaper build possibly FOA style. If you want a cheap entry to 1/6 this is a good choice but requires extensive work to get it right.
http://www.monkeydepot.com/Vehicle_Kit_ ... ah0001.htm
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

In the past this offering had some bad press for the brittleness of the material? I do not know if the remaining stock is old or a new molding?

As for FOA-Tanks as the company is now under Loic's ownership he has many new components yet we shall have to wait on the quality of the kits until more are possibly built and posted. The effort seems to be focused on BATTLE tanks shooting paintball,yet recent purchases of spin casting equipment,and their first metal tracks will certainly improve the realism. There was a build posted on 1/6th army groups site,but the tank seems to of stopped. FOA-Tanks did post a Battle report on the FOA-Tanks Youtube site,and a few pictures of the ABS/METAL Tiger.

They have a Panther coming along same construction ABS/METAL and in the video one side has metal tracks,one the plastic type which are strong as my Jagdpanther video demonstrates. I know the designer of many of the components,yet the overall design direction remains Loic's desire to market Light battle Armor.And his views on construction methods. Quality will certainly be the main issue. So perhaps by Christmas we may see some completed,detailed offerings?

I'll start a new thread and post some of the FOA-Tanks recent tanks.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

SovereignZuul wrote:
ALPHA wrote: YOU DO 1/6 TOO ZUUL?????????????? 8O
Hah, not yet but I will. I have this model+motion pack equipment John is building tucked away for once the Tiger, and whatever else is in the way gets done. I might have the last Armortek 222 left on the planet that hasn't been assembled. :haha:

Honestly, you need to see it against something to really appreciate the scale. It's freakin' huge.

I also have an Armor Hobbies SDKFZ 250 put away but it's not even close to Armortek's level. Saving this one for a cheaper build possibly FOA style. If you want a cheap entry to 1/6 this is a good choice but requires extensive work to get it right.
http://www.monkeydepot.com/Vehicle_Kit_ ... ah0001.htm
Wish I had the space to do at least one...but alas ...no way jose :haha: :haha:
I have 42 steps on a staircase .... no way am I carrying a 200 lb tank up and down those 8O

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Saxondog wrote:In the past this offering had some bad press for the brittleness of the material? I do not know if the remaining stock is old or a new molding?

As for FOA-Tanks as the company is now under Loic's ownership he has many new components yet we shall have to wait on the quality of the kits until more are possibly built and posted. The effort seems to be focused on BATTLE tanks shooting paintball,yet recent purchases of spin casting equipment,and their first metal tracks will certainly improve the realism. There was a build posted on 1/6th army groups site,but the tank seems to of stopped. FOA-Tanks did post a Battle report on the FOA-Tanks Youtube site,and a few pictures of the ABS/METAL Tiger.

They have a Panther coming along same construction ABS/METAL and in the video one side has metal tracks,one the plastic type which are strong as my Jagdpanther video demonstrates. I know the designer of many of the components,yet the overall design direction remains Loic's desire to market Light battle Armor.And his views on construction methods. Quality will certainly be the main issue. So perhaps by Christmas we may see some completed,detailed offerings?

I'll start a new thread and post some of the FOA-Tanks recent tanks.
Hope to see that in the future Saxon :thumbup:

ALPHA
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

The 222 is quite light. Easy to pick up. Great entry level armortek. I think i paid less for the full kit than Zuul paid for his motion pack.
Zuul, just get a move on. You can work on a couple of projects at the same time. I prefer to do it that way.
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

ALPHA wrote:I have 46 steps on a staircase .... no way am I carrying a 200 lb tank up and down those 8O
Just drive it up the stairs. Tanks are all terrain, right? :haha:

The Armorhobbies kit is all plastic too, very light. The 222 is pretty light as well!

Yeah John, shipping kills it, 1/4 my Armortek spending has been shipping cost. My 222 came from China, $1800 quickly became $2400 with shipping. Seems like plenty of collection only cheap deals pop up in UK but I'll have no such luck here in the US.

My project bench is covered, and I mean a complete mess right now, with Tiger stuff. If I had a clean space an Armortek deserved to dedicate I would jump in. Still tons of metal and dust bits flying around my workspace for the time being. :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Johnf wrote:The 222 is quite light. Easy to pick up. Great entry level armortek. I think i paid less for the full kit than Zuul paid for his motion pack.
Zuul, just get a move on. You can work on a couple of projects at the same time. I prefer to do it that way.
That's kind of why I find this one intriguing :D ...it doesn't look anywhere near the weight of a tank...what's the composition of the body? brass aluminum?

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

SovereignZuul wrote:
ALPHA wrote:I have 46 steps on a staircase .... no way am I carrying a 200 lb tank up and down those 8O
Just drive it up the stairs. Tanks are all terrain, right? :haha:
8O Some of my stairs are wood...think a 200+ lb tank would be a bit of a strain... not to mention if I drive it anything other than precise it'll become part of the garden :haha: :haha: ...cause there ain't no way I'm going to lift it out 8O

The Armorhobbies kit is all plastic too, very light. The 222 is pretty light as well!

Yeah John, shipping kills it, 1/4 my Armortek spending has been shipping cost. My 222 came from China, $1800 quickly becam[e $2400 with shipping. Seems like plenty of collection only cheap deals pop up in UK but I'll have no such luck here in the US.

My project bench is covered, and I mean a complete mess right now, with Tiger stuff. If I had a clean space an Armortek deserved to dedicate I would jump in. Still tons of metal and dust bits flying around my workspace for the time being. :haha:
See from what you have said right here..that 1/6th Tiger doesn't seem like a bad deal lol...2000.00 shipping inc.... two 12v batteries about what 40 to 50 dollars each...man ... that's a sweet deal :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Johnf wrote:The 222 is quite light. Easy to pick up. Great entry level armortek. I think i paid less for the full kit than Zuul paid for his motion pack.
You Know John... I'm really liking how it looks already...maybe just a custom flame paint job keep the wheels blingie like that..whew you got something ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Larger Scale Military”