Toms folly (robbe najade)

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Toms folly (robbe najade)

Post by ALPHA »

GEEZE tom that thing tears :clap: .... you might have to add some zimmeret to the hull to slow it down :haha:
I brought your YOUTUBE link down.... so people can enjoy it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AoDnIyqQwM
ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Evening, Tom,
If she kills you, don't forget your friends on the Forum in your Will. *chuckles* Beautiful craft there!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Andy in Cheltenham
Corporal

Post by Andy in Cheltenham »

Put a gun on the front! I love boats, miss mine. It was just like yours.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

My experiment to run her on 14.4v where interesting. She really shifts but torque steers quite badly. To that end I've ordered some trim tabs. The other problem is the tamiya connectors. Today after about a minute of running I lost power. She ended up on the other side of the canal and after a failed rescue attempt with my other boat she eventually drifted where I could get her. Unfortunately my rescue attempts caused some cosmetic damage and caused the top to come away from the lower hull. I now need to purchase some special glue to repair.

When I got her back I found that the power loss was caused by one of the connectors melting and because the batteries where wired in series game over. I'm hoping to get a brace of 10ah 2s lipos so will be using either trx or 4mm bullet connectors in future.

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”