Leopard 2 A6 Full Option Build.

Nigelr32
Recruit

Re: Leopard 2 A6 Full Option Build.

Post by Nigelr32 »

Evening all...

Just a quick update, I've painted all the wheels now so it's time to move on to the suspension.

Here are the parts for the "Shock Absorbers". Remember this kit has actual torsion bars, so these are really just for scale accuracy..

This is a lovely kit!!!

Nige
Nigelr32
Recruit

Post by Nigelr32 »

Hello tankers!!

This is a bit of a boring update really.. but I thought I should post something today!!

Here are the shock absorbers, built and ready for paint....

Thanks for looking, I hope to have some posts over the weekend that are a little more interesting??

Nige
Nigelr32
Recruit

Post by Nigelr32 »

Good day all!!

Another boring little update for y'all, the idler parts..

Now I'll get this little lot screwed together, then prime and paint it all. Then it's time to get the hull out!! Can I stand the excitement????

Nige
Nigelr32
Recruit

Post by Nigelr32 »

I have sprayed all the idlers and built them up now.

I got the lower hull out of the massive box the kit comes in, and thought."This looks a little clean". I got my walkaround book out, and thought I'd replicate the welds around the rear end...

There are also some skids missing under the final drive bulge. Of course, these have to be added as well...

There are mould seams all along the sides of the hull which need to be blended out, then there's the panel which needs to go in the floor. This has received a slither of plastic card and some filler primer.

Thanks for looking

Nige
Nigelr32
Recruit

Post by Nigelr32 »

Hi all,

Not a lot of posts of late, I've been busy adding more weld seams, and priming the hull. It's a very big Hull you know!!!

I ordered some suspension arms and idlers from Tankzone. The idlers arrived immediately, the arms are in the post...

Here are the brass idler adjustment arms....

The mountings fitted.. I've used some superglue just to make sure they don't move in wards. The instructions tell you to file the holes out to allow the brass parts to fit, very little filing is necessary.

It was then time to fit the pivots for the main road wheels. I have used the aftermarket bearings here, there are 3 off per pivot.

Fitted.. I have used superglue again here on the outer bearings, just to hold them in during assembly and stop them moving in the housing.

Inside, note the brass idler fitting... nice!!

That's it for now, Torsion bars tomorrow I guess?? If those suspension arms don't arrive soon, I guess I'll have to start on my Sherman.

Nige
rock
Recruit

Post by rock »

Really nice. I got a second hand leopard 2a6 recently and will do some upgrades afterwards.

Keep up.

Rock. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Return to “Leopard”