Heng long 1:30 sherman re-vamp

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
sean Half-pint works
Recruit

Re: Heng long 1:30 sherman re-vamp

Post by sean Half-pint works »

OK boys and girls, the finished Sherman, carrying a fictitious name and number, Capa translates as Sarah, one of my best friends...

Weathered with a mix of track dirt and rusty rails from the Phoenix precision range, thinned with MEK solvent, and applied with virtually no pressure on the airbrush building up in over 40 layers... long winded but it looks pretty good in my books, I should get some better photos in natural light in the morning.

Hope you like
sean Half-pint works
Recruit

As A foot note,

Someone send me the engineers.... PLEASE :D

Lesson of the day, NEVER take rubber tracks over gravel slopes, and attempt Neutral turns!

:(

Sean
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Sean,

If you are having so much fun with the "baby" Sherman, you really need to get yourself a 1/16 big boys with metal tracks. You will never have that problem !

Michael.
sean Half-pint works
Recruit

Michael,

Its like you read my mind, one of my local model shops carries 1:16 tanks, so i am getting one a wee bit later today, im not sure which one yet.

Also i am looking at getting some metal tracks for my little sherman!

Sean
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon.
I have one of these cool little 1:30 Heng Long Shermans and have done a fair amount of work on it, (including replacing the plastic tracks) If you find a set of metal tracks, I would be interested in a set of those for myself.
with regards,
Painless.

New Track 2012D.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Smaller Scale Military”