Time well spent playing with smokers?

Smoke creating devices!
centmk4
Recruit

Time well spent playing with smokers?

Post by centmk4 »

:haha: Looking back I don't remember that old Cent' with it's V12 Meteor smoking much only on startup and then very little even when doing fast stick change upshifts. Still it was an RR power plant and petrol at that, but it rarely consumed abnormal amounts of OMD 110. Oh! I do remember on one occasion a troop member had loads of smoke issuing from the fishtail silencers, but that was only because some joker who had stuffed kerosene soaked cotton waste under them? :angel:

Anyway I'm pleased to say that the Tiger 1 Taigen has a reasonable amount of smoke output which I feel is pretty authentic, unless you are talking clapped out slack tracked old diesels, you know the ones I'm thinking of? ;) So has the Bulldog now after a little time and motion well spent.

The Chally's that I have had the good fortune to see in demos' in spite of being oilers gave no excessive smoke out, with the only exception being when diesel was auto force fed on the hot exhausts to present that 67 t 'Genie' disappearing trick in a massive cloud of camouflage smoke. :thumbup:

How I would of loved a 'cabbie' in a Chally' but at 70 plus they would only allow me a crack on the simulator which new recruits have to prove their worth on before being let loose on the real Leviathan.

Still, that in itself was good fun although it was all auto shifting now of course, no crash boxes as we had in Cents with all that double de-clutching blah de blah :/ ? Anyway happy model tanking folks, and thanks for all the useful info you have given me most recently, it has been very much appreciated. :):

Return to “Smokers”