Different Elmod settings - Jumpers

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
wibblywobbly
Major

Different Elmod settings - Jumpers

Post by wibblywobbly »

My Tiger is set up as a heavy tank, metal tracks, so Jumper 2 is removed as per the instructions. It weighs almost 10lbs. However, there is something like a 2 second delay between pushing the right stick forward and the tracks actually moving. This may be great for scale motion, but is a liability in terms of IR tank battles as I am a sitting duck once hit. I can't move during my invulnarability period.

As Greeny has a superfast Tamiya Leopard 2A6 I need to improve the standing start times!  ::)

Has anyone tried the different jumper settings to find out what difference they make, if any, to the way the tank responds to the stick input?

Cheers

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
grompix
Sergeant

Re: Different Elmod settings - Jumpers

Post by grompix »

Hi Rob

I've had the same thing happen with my two Elmod equipped tanks. They were both quite sluggish to start off with but eventually they performed fine. It took a lot of fiddling round with settings and jumpers before I found a setup that worked. I played around with weight of tank, make of tank model, track material and so on. For a while I even started up the tank with the throttle trim right back so I could move it forward to get a little more top speed and faster acceleration.

The intitial sluggishness of a new Elmod setup is a still a mystery to me but strangely it did 'go away' eventually. My HL PzIII and my VVSS Sherman run smoothly and with a good turn of speed now. It's not the radio either, one is on Futaba 40Mhz and the other is Spektrum 2.4 GHz.

Try messing around with the settings - it can't do any harm (and in any case you can always configure Elmod with inertia disabled if all else fails)

Hope this helps.
Regards
Chris ;D 
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Different Elmod settings - Jumpers

Post by wibblywobbly »

Cheers Chris, I will have to play around and see what I get. I am now waiting for my next IR battle as I have replaced the Resurrection sound with a chorus of Panzerlied by the Stormtrooper Male Voice Choir!  ;D

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “El-Mod”