Loose track on Heng Long King Tiger with Porsche turret.

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
kwgoh1370
Recruit

Loose track on Heng Long King Tiger with Porsche turret.

Post by kwgoh1370 »

I just purchased my 5th Heng Long RC tank which is the 1/16 scale King Tiger with Porsche turret. I found the stock plastic tracks are too long and it jolted the sprocket wheel when firing the BB gun and when I pressed the "K" button to simulate. The tracks wobble when I made left or right turns with the tank.

I tried apply the same solution as I did on all of my other HL tanks which is to remove 1 of the link from each track to tighten them and they worked perfectly, except on this King Tiger, the tracks were a bit different, the links seemed to be in "pairs of 2 interconnected links" remove 1 link and the other one won't fit in, remove the next one and the tracks were way too short.

I was wondering if any one faced this problem or managed to solved this. I welcome help on this issue. Here is my list of the other Heng Long tanks in my collection:-

1/16 Tiger 1 S & S with BB gun
1/16 KV-1s S & S with BB gun
1/16 StuG III S & S with IR gun
1/30 M4A3 Sherman basic (no sound no smoke)
mustclime
Sergeant

Re: Loose track on Heng Long King Tiger with Porsche turret.

Post by mustclime »

The tracks are not supose to be super tight. They are open pin tracks and if you really streach them, they will fail. The king tiger had 2 part tracks, they react different than one peace tracks when doing monuvers. look at this film at the 5 minute mark, watch the tracks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuzrwpOg3a4

The hl king tiger does not have a track tensioner, my advice is to buy one, the tank works much better with one installed. Also watch the track teeth in the rear idler, they seem to like to step to the outside with suden movements like that dumb recoil thing that hl puts in their tank.
kwgoh1370
Recruit

Post by kwgoh1370 »

Hi mustclime,

Thank you so much for your reply. Those track on the video clips shows exactly how mine looked like when i use the recoil and when i moved the tank slowly in reverse.

You have suggested that I purchase track tensioners for this tank. My question now is will this track tensioner work on Heng Long original plastic tracks?
streetfighterjeff
Sergeant

Post by streetfighterjeff »

love the video, the painting it best third rate but the shots of the KT , stunning,
only here for a good time, not a long time
HL King Tiger
Torro Tiger I

Return to “Tanks”