Smoke generator help!

Smoke creating devices!
Skazz
Recruit

Smoke generator help!

Post by Skazz »

Hi everyone, I hope I’m not out of line posting here for some advice, but tank RC fans seemed to be the most likely folks to know the answers to my questions, so I hope you can help me!

I am looking to incorporate a smoke generator into a non-RC project I am working on. I saw this video (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xT-FMckFXw) which looked the correct sort of size and seemed to contain its own reservoir for the oil. It could be ideal to incorporate into my project if it could be run on batteries; I am given to understand that usually these smoke generator units are wired into the main board of the RC vehicle – I would like to know what power they require to run, specifically if any of you guys knew if they could be wired up to a small battery pack instead, and what type of batteries might be required for that task.

There is also evidently no information regarding the model number of the item shown in the video other than that it’s by Heng Long, and since it is an old video it’s also possible that that model might even be defunct by now anyway, thus I am searching around for something similar – could any of you guys offer some ideas on suitable generators that could run on batteries and where I could purchase them?

I really hope you guys can help, I’m in kinda uncharted territory here!

Thanks in advance, look forward to hearing any advice!

Kate :)
jonger
Lance Corporal

Re: Smoke generator help!

Post by jonger »

This is the basic Heng Long smoke generator and they run off the 7.2volt batteries used in the tanks. they can be found on ebay - look for 1/16 scale smoke generator or Heng Long smoke generator.
hope that helps.
Jonger

Return to “Smokers”