New HL Tiger 1 and need some help from you PRO's

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
slaychild
Private

New HL Tiger 1 and need some help from you PRO's

Post by slaychild »

Hello guys, hope you all had a great Valentines day.

Anyways, I got a new HL Tiger and would like to convert it into a Late version Tiger. One question is how to get the head lights of and add the one light to the front. Also I found a zemmerit kit on RCTankWarfare.com that looks good, but would like to know if anyone has used it before. Thanks for any help in advance and have a great weekend.
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: New HL Tiger 1 and need some help from you PRO's

Post by littletankman »

Hi Slaychild and welcome to the forum . I just removed the two front lights the bought a metal upgrade single front mounted light , fitted this to the front of the HL tank then wired it up with the original main wire.

As for zimmerit I use the milliput to part compound . To form the zimmerit I use a sloted screw driver .

As you look into the Tiger builds on here you will see theres a few corrections and improvments to be made to the HL Tiger.

Andy
Last edited by littletankman on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Sorry didnt read your post correctly . I first disconected the wires from the front two lights then removed them by cutting them with a sharp knife . the holes they left I just filled with milliput . Then I used the main wireing to wire to a new front head light . I did fit a on / off switch that I located near the opened front hatch .

Andy
slaychild
Private

Post by slaychild »

thanks littletankman for the reply! Where did you get the milliput? I'm in the US and hope I can find it here.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi mate , I get it at my local model rail store . Should be a simular thing in the States . There is a few issues with the HL Tiger tank but nothing that cant be fixed . just look for the posts on here . Will look forrward to you build . If your making a late war Tiger there is plenty of posts regarding them.

Andy
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Have PM ed you mate .

Andy

Return to “General Questions”