Painting impact tracks ?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Painting impact tracks ?

Post by Dietrich »

Jagdpanther 323 » 28 Jun 2011, 21:36
Hi can anyone recommend the best way to paint cast impact tracks and what paint to use.
I've just recently bought some impact tracks for my tamiya panther G and was wondering which is the best paint to use .

Thanks Jag
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Re: Painting impact tracks ?

Post by Dietrich »

by Dietrich » 29 Jun 2011, 18:00
Hi Jag, :~
Sorry for the delay in answering your question....
I have seen a post somewhere about using a real gun product that is used to 'Blue' the guns metal but it blackens the tracks nicely and you can get it from ebay. I will try and find it and get back to you...BUT....With my tracks I just simply used a rattle can of car 'Matt Black' !! It quickly wears off the 'raised metal' parts of the tracks that are in contact with the ground to leave a shiney metal but the rest of the track stay nice and black.
I am happy with the result...but my Panzers are 'Out-door' runners and not 'Indoor only Runners'.( No insult to anyone else intended )
Alb.
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

jagdpanther323» 29 Jun 2011, 21:57
Hi Dietrich thanks for that I will give it try . I'm also in the process of trying to paint some upgrade schumo parts aswell I don't suppose you have any idea of what type of paint I could use. Because acrylics with even two or three layers of matt cote the paint still comes off.
I have to say if you decide to metal upgrade I would use schumo parts they may be a bit more expensive but worth it. The best place on line for parts is a guy called Steve at http://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you get A1 service.

Thanks mate
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

By Sparks » 01 Jul 2011, 21:40
Sorry to be a B| , but shouldn't this post be in the FAQ or General section ???
Hey man....I just ride 'em, I dunno what makes 'em work.
Woof woof woof !
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

by Dietrich » 10 Jul 2011, 15:56
I have seen THIS recommended to blacken tracks...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Birchwood Casey SUPER BLUE Gun Bluing Liquid Blue
You could always ask the seller 'thehammerfalls' to see what they think,after all how mant 'BLUE' guns have you seen !! :haha:
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Sorry about this all being in my name :{ I tried to delete the post that was in the 'Introduce yourself' section and leave the version that I moved to the FAQ section.....Unfortunately I deleted BOTH..so I have copied and pasted it back together but they are all with my Avatar and name....I cannot seem to alter that part...... so I can just say 'Sorry' again.
Alb.

Return to “General Questions”