Twister 2.4G 6 ch Tx

Discuss your radio gear here!
mic heinrich
Private

Twister 2.4G 6 ch Tx

Post by mic heinrich »

Can anyone help me with the set up of the new Twister 6 ch Tx? I have paired it to my rx However can not get the channels sorted?
jackeb
Lance Corporal

Re: Twister 2.4G 6 ch Tx

Post by jackeb »

Hi, What are you setting up?
I've had a bit of experience with the 35 mghz Twister stuff, which is, basically, JR stuff. So I would imagine that their 2.4 ghz goes along similar lines. So let us know what your trying to run and whether it's mode 1 or 2 and we'll go from there.
Laters.
mic heinrich
Private

Post by mic heinrich »

Hi jackeb,
I'm trying to setup for my tanks that all run elmod boards, but can't seem to isolate individual channels. Both sticks operate the turret and can't start or move? Am I trying to use the wrong type of transmitter? I know people use multi model tx for tanks.
Any help would be great,

Mic
jackeb
Lance Corporal

Post by jackeb »

Ah! Is it a Twister heli Tx? If it is that's the problem. Heli Tx's have various mixes in them because three servos work together for pitch, aileron and elevator. This applies to both sticks. Being a Twister Tx I'd be surprised if you could reprogram the Tx to eliminate the various mixes.
It might be new Tx time I'm afraid.
mic heinrich
Private

Post by mic heinrich »

I've had some success and got it working however all the recievers seem to have paired the same so when I switch tanks they all go at the same time regardless of which one is selected. All learning I guess.
I can't work what works ch 5 + 6? although the twister has switches all over it only one two way will either start the tank or operate the lights but won't do both. The twister does not have a three way switch? So at the moment I have less functions now with a 6 ch than what I had with a 4 ch?????????
jackeb
Lance Corporal

Post by jackeb »

Usually, with the Twister kit, channel 5 is the 'gear' channel, which is used, on planks for the landing gear, or on helis, commonly, to switch the gyro between rate or heading hold mode. So channel five will be a two way switch, therefore either lights, or starting the tank. To be honest I've not come across a radio with a three way on the gear channel, but I'm prepared to be proved wrong.
On a heli radio channel 6 is the 'aux' channel and is used for the third servo in a 120 degree CCPM swash set up. So channel 6 usually is connected to the sticks and not a switch. Elmod have paired this with the sounds so they can achieve the differ effects as the engines running, or turret turning etc in, a form of proportional sound. I'm going by the Elmod 'manual, so I'm guessing to a certain degree.
I will be installing Elmod's Think Tank Eco in to my Tiger at some point over the weekend and have the same problem as I will be using a 6 channel Rx. I don't have any form of sound so I'll use the gear channel for the lights, but only for the novelty value.
So in reality you're right. We're not much better of than running 4 channels. Mind you if I had a spare 8 channel Rx with my radio it would be a different story. Although probably more of a headache to get it all running.
Personally I still think the Elmod is far better than the Heng Long kit. IMHO of course.
With regards to your tanks going at the same time when you switch tanks, I'm assuming you leave the tanks switched on and change models on the Tx? If so I would expect them to start doing weird things like working together. I saw a guy once have to try and fly to helis at once because both Rx's remained paired to his Tx. To his credit he landed both safely. He was sweating a bit though!
Laters. Geez.
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

yes im afraid elmod does need a three way switch for channel 5
subdvr
Private

Post by subdvr »

Sounds like a similar problem to mine, I have a planet T5 5Ch controller, 6Ch 2.5ghz receiver, but cant get the tank to move forward and back, does everything else though.Tried setting it up in mode 1 and 2, to no joy
HL Tiger 1, Hooben T55a
mic heinrich
Private

Post by mic heinrich »

All sorted, I settled on a Spektrum DX7SE :thumbup:

Return to “Radio Gear”