Marine Steam

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Re: Marine Steam

Post by dylan9391 »

it would be good to see it steaming. You just need to lay a big track in the garden. I always wanted to do that and a lake, but for domestic bliss built a track in the workshop.
xrad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by xrad »

domestic bliss.....never had it so I won't miss it... :O
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Your new rank? Yes your the first on the forum to attain this fine rank,here are your new collar tabs.

Saxondog
CollarTabDRRedPipedLF_small.jpg
CollarTabDRRedPipedLF_small.jpg (4.87 KiB) Viewed 1796 times
xrad

Post by xrad »

gonna have to help me here Sax..

? detroit (wings and wheel)?

Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

That is the collar tab to the engineer pulling the Tigers to battle,or Panther or any military rail traffic. These were civil servant Jobs but were also used for the military when war broke out. Was looking on a site to check the going price for SS Honor rings,and Panzer collar tabs and ran across this,of course my first thought was your new Locomotive and your steam drive interest. Engineer XRAD of the Grossdeutschland rail traffic service. It's all you man,cheers
xrad

Post by xrad »

I might have to make this a US military transport....maybe pulling the elefant to Aberdeen!
xrad

Post by xrad »

Got the boiler up and running after relief valve adjustment. maintains ~30psi no problem.

Preliminary mounting of the engine, boiler, alcohol reservoir. No room for hand pump..

see the vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSTC_gQ ... er&list=UL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOnn-n9b ... o&index=22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some issues: the propshaft came 'bent' so it took a while to straighten out. stuffing box had to be shortened while saving the bronze bushings. Prop shaft is shortened, and end near universal is drilled and milled so that the whole shaft slides in and out of the universal by about 3-4mm. this is so that the prop axial pressure is taken up by nylon bushing just in front of prop and not by the universal or the crankshaft.

Universal is 3/16th from Amazon, as no hobby site had this size. Just pry off needed ends and put together. I reamed the nylon coupler holes a little so they are just loose and easy to turn.
11DbGC9pURL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
11DbGC9pURL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (4.52 KiB) Viewed 1785 times

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”