pershing upgrade

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
axiscommander
Recruit

pershing upgrade

Post by axiscommander »

i have just bought off flea bay a non smoke and sound snow leopard/pershing. it is i assume, an older version where you can programme it to do stuff.

anyhow, when i turn it on it just spins around until you wiggle the right stick on the transmitter, and keeps doing it when you stop.

so i am guessing there is an issue with the electronics somewhere along the line.

therefore i am probably going to rip its innards out, so what would be the best improvements to make and can i buy the suggested item as one big kit so i do not have to worry about buying one bit here and another bit there.

cheers

Ian
Steenv
Sergeant

Re: pershing upgrade

Post by Steenv »

Hi Axiscommander

I would go one of two directions

1: HL RX18 electronics - the cheapest way to get your Pershing on to the battlefield

2: Invest in el-mod (www.el-mod.de) the best electronics for your tank, but fairly expensive. But trust me - if you ever goes this way - you wont regret.

There are plenty of e-shops that offer the rx-18 electronics and some of them are member at this forum. Please visit the vendors forum for more details on this.

cheers
Steen
Best regards
Steen

www.panzerteam.dk
axiscommander
Recruit

Post by axiscommander »

thanks for that. most likely RX18 for me as the purse strings have been tightened  ;)
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Woz »

Check the transmitter. There could be something sticking inside.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Hi Axiscommander,bill@rccommand sells everthing you need to upgrade to RX-18 I/R in kit form,you would only need to add the receiver unit.SAX
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

Sounds like a trim problem, probably a defect in the receiver circuit - bim it  and get the RX18

As Sax says, you will need the whole 9 yards to upgrade the electronics - receiver board, 3 wire connector, Rx18 and the 'smoke and sound' spec Transmitter. (and a set of matching crystals)
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Axiscommander,are you state side or uk,euro? Bill is state side but their are several vendors on the forum at the bottom of home page.Sax
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
axiscommander
Recruit

Post by axiscommander »

i am uk side, have sorted electronics, just want to sort out older style tracks and sprokets. looks like KV1 tracks might be a good representation

Return to “Heng Long”