An apology to other members

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Re: An apology to other members

Post by mcevoyi »

hi there frank

i dont use RCU ... i did ... but it just pixxed me off to much .. that why i hide on just 3 site .

iain
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Frank I have had the same problem recently,if not for Mart I would have burned these pages,Mart advice to walk away is difficult. But correct and in all your post I could not find anything disrespectful toward this forum and it's members.But we all know some prefer to create problems in order to make up for their own faults and short comings.Let's all just do what we do here best,build tanks and enjoy ourselves while doing so. As for RCU,Nothing negative to say.this is home and we are lucky to have this smooth running forum.Now who can tell me which knight and horse goes with which group,red rider? Green rider? And the numbers that go with each King Tiger.
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

fynsdad wrote:Hi all,
I feel the need to express an apology to any members on here who also use RCU.
Lately I've been annoyed with one particular member's "high and mighty" attitude on there, and have started to respond to his posts in a manner which I am not particulary proud of.
Therefore I must specify that I shall continue to treat ALL other members of both this forum and RCU with the respect that they deserve and I hope you do not judge me by my actions toward this one particlar member.
Thank you
Frank
I have read the post your refering too, and see no problem with what you said. The guy was having a classic case of being unable to admit when he's wrong, and changing his argument when proved he was.

RCU has gone very much downhill, there is very little in the way of model work actually shown on there. The few times i've asked someone on there how they did something, they refused to tell me. Most posts now are whining about something, usually a promised tank that never showed up, and when someone does post their work it gets slagged off as 'inaccurate' or 'wrong' by the armchair Pattons on there.

I'm glad we have a thriving friendly community here, who welcomes people, is always willing to help, will answer any question no matter how many times we've heard it, or how ever mundane. No-one here hides their mods like national secrets, or tells a new guy to "use the search" instead of helping them. It makes me proud to be a member here.

So Frank I wouldn't worry about what you posted on the other forum, your a valued member here, and that all that matters.

Cheers,
Rik
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Well Said Rik!
daisycutter
Lance Corporal

Post by daisycutter »

i stopped using rcu ages ago,just couldnt be arsed with it
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

Bill can come across as a 'crusty old duffer' on RCU, and I'll be charitable and suggest that his memory isn't the best, but he's always willing to help if you have questions.
He's not a bad person, you just have to filter out his "off days"

end of sermon,
Mart

Return to “Off topic”