Jagdpanther Build

tankmad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tamiya Jagdpanther Build

Post by tankmad »

Pcomm1 wrote:
OO7 wrote: Thats a nice job on the jp I like the weathering on the tools excellent one draw back I don't think it will fit in  your coffin bro  ;D
Stevie
;) Think again bro, all will fit very nicely: cremation. Visit here: http://www.rosehills.com/prodnsrvContent/Cremations.aspx

I enjoy sharing the learning curve discovered in assembling these fun kits.

Question for 007, did you get that 200 grand Aston Martin started yet? ;D

I think I will need to win the lottery to start that one  ;D
Stevie
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.tankworld.co.uk
This is not an obsession I can give it up anytime
Pcomm1
Corporal

Post by Pcomm1 »

Saxondog wrote: The Saxondog label is a registered trademark of Saxon enterprises,this is an idea we have had since childhood.I have a core group of friends from the neighborhood that have strong family ties to the UK,IRELAND,AND GERMANY.And as you may remember,those who once claimed King Richard were called SAXONDOGS by the Norman invaders of Britain.In a wider since being a Saxondog simply means you are proud of your heritage,and your ancestors.Blake 1-Saxondog
OK, and you'll find a zillion Saxon Ent. listed in the USA!

Besides the fun of rc tank models found on this forum, the chatter is equally interesting. On the most basic level your name (saxondog) seems quite appropriate for a rc tank warfare site, it is fun. Even for a site where everyone plays nice, while still planning for rc battle and I am familiar with the phrase Saxon Dog, mostly from useless, but easy college history classes.

It is also a very old derogatory military oriented warfare term for Anglosaxon people. Those people were most often described by their military adversaries as filthy; badly clothed and often not nicely characterized by their heavy build and dirty; long brown; wavy hair.

As in, "Those blokes; just showed up and burnt everything to hell and took all the women except Helga and Big Betsy. Saxon dogs!" Fortunately for mankind, the Saxon people have evolved into very nice folk for the 21st Century, so I mean no harm by exploring the roots of saxondog.

All in all I still would favor the derogatory "Spanish Fly" for myself as a military history derived nickname. It is a phrase believed to have been developed during the time of the Spanish Armada by drunken sailors serving under Admiral Lord Nelson. :D 

OO7, The USA - California Mega Lotto is a quarter of a billion dollars for Tuesday. Go online and see if you can buy a ticket. Best of luck!

John
Last edited by Pcomm1 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

Pcomm1 wrote: All in all I still would favor the derogatory "Spanish Fly" for myself as a military history derived nickname. It is a phrase believed to have been developed during the time of the Spanish Armada by drunken sailors serving under Admiral Lord Nelson. :D 
I think you mean Drake and Frobisher ??? Nelson was born well over 150 years after the Armada...
Pcomm1
Corporal

Post by Pcomm1 »

Ex_Pat_Tanker wrote:
Pcomm1 wrote: All in all I still would favor the derogatory "Spanish Fly" for myself as a military history derived nickname. It is a phrase believed to have been developed during the time of the Spanish Armada and later used by drunken sailors serving under Admiral Lord Nelson. :D 
I think you mean Drake and Frobisher ??? Nelson was born well over 150 years after the Armada...
Don't know, I mostly slept through or avoided British History altogether and I reply on people like you to correct the BS!

Thank you and I appear to have left out this phrase: and later used by drunken sailors serving under Admiral Lord Nelson. John
Last edited by Pcomm1 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pcomm1
Corporal

Post by Pcomm1 »

Well Blake seems to me your a touch sensitive and you should watch this great movie: Errol Flynn's 1938 classic, The Adventures of Robin Hood best supports my observations and statements. LOL. Take care and I am on your side Saxonpig, LOL. John 8-)
Pcomm1
Corporal

Post by Pcomm1 »

Put the photos back in. John
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

nice work john
I have moved this to the correct section
Pcomm1
Corporal

Post by Pcomm1 »

Thank you BREL, initially, I did not notice this Tamiya category. The Jagd finally has a tank commander and new markings. It is a modified Verlinden 120mm Obersturmführer resin kit. Had to saw off the poor guys legs at the waist so he would fit and let the main gun elevation unit work correctly.
Attachments
Verlinden 120mm figure.
Verlinden 120mm figure.
New markings.
New markings.

Return to “Jagdpanther”