Re: Panther G to early D

grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Very, VERY nice Richard. You've done a great job on the wheel bolts. Looks like I'll have to get the early idlers from Tankzone too. They certainly look good on your Panther.

Cheers
Chris  ;D
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by littletankman »

Hi Tailend charlie , Lovely tank mate . Theres to many Gs out there . Im unfournutaly out of work at the mo so Im re doing my HL Pantiger . At first it was going to be a battlefield wreck but Im sort of following Gras post . The question I have is how did you make the engine grills as Im desperate for a set for my late Ausf.A Panther . Did you cast them in resin ? You can see my build in the HL build section . Its no were near your level of skill tho.

Thanks Littletankman  :)
HL: Tiger I sSS101 2nd Kompanie (212), HL: PzIII/Stug , Tam: sherman(fo) ,Tam: Sherman (vintage) ,Tam: Kingtiger(fo) ,Tam: Kingtiger (vintage,upgraded) , 21st Cent Sdkfz 251 (static at the mo ) / Son HL panther(altered) ,Son HL Tiger1 sSS101 1st Kompanie , HL Pz.IV , daughter HL Tiger1 sSS101 hopefu
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Post by Tailend charlie »

Thanks, 
        No I made them from styrene strips. I am making new ones now and I might cast them to make it faster. Just didn't like the way these turned out.

Richard
You have nothing to fear, but fear its self. Or maybe a KT too!
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Here are a few pics on how the Panther D is coming a long.

littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi Tailendcharlie,
Any chance of shipping a set of those excelent engine grilles to the UK please  ::)

Thanks Littletankman
HL: Tiger I sSS101 2nd Kompanie (212), HL: PzIII/Stug , Tam: sherman(fo) ,Tam: Sherman (vintage) ,Tam: Kingtiger(fo) ,Tam: Kingtiger (vintage,upgraded) , 21st Cent Sdkfz 251 (static at the mo ) / Son HL panther(altered) ,Son HL Tiger1 sSS101 1st Kompanie , HL Pz.IV , daughter HL Tiger1 sSS101 hopefu
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Wow! Really nice work Richard. I particularly like how the cupola has turned out - did you lathe it yourself? It's great to see your Panther back on the workbench again, I was wondering if you had done any more to it.

Cheers
Chris  ;D
STEINER
Sergeant

Post by STEINER »

TC, just like to second what grompix has said. That cupola is a beaut. great detailing.

STEINER
Do you realize how much I hate this uniform and all it stands for. ( Cross of Iron )
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Littletankman, If the mold turns out right (first time doing it) I am sure we can work something out. ;)

grompix No not all of it, I did the blue prints, sizing and stuff. My friend a retired machinist did the rough lathing and I did the view ports and now I am working on the hatch and access.
Yeah it feels good getting back to the Panther D. I am also going to work on the welds on the turret and hull. Since they were also different.

STEINER Thanks for the comments. The cupola was a labor of love! I believe it was my biggest obstacle.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi , Tailend charlie,
Thanks mate , Your Panthers coming on very nicely . Its Ironic I got layed of from a firm Id been with for about  9 years,  3 years ago . As they closed down . Its a shame as they used gallons of casting resin  ::) . I did save some but Its of no use now unfortunately  :( . Im converting the HL Pantiger to a late Ausf.A along the lines of Gras work . But I had in the past turned it into a G (not a good one) So Ive ruined the exhausts and grills . Ive got some exhausts coming but wasnt sure of how to overcome the grills . I did think of casting them but like I say my resins of no use now , honestly we used it by the bucket load .

Many thanks Andy

Return to “Panther”