Problem with Tamiya RC 1/35 Panther Tank

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
Tanker Mike
Recruit

Problem with Tamiya RC 1/35 Panther Tank

Post by Tanker Mike »

Hi there,

I tries doing a search for this problem but got nothing. All my search parameters were rejected. So, here I am.

I have a Panther 1/35 Tamiya radio control tank and all it does when I turn it on is the drive gear clicks. No drive train control or turret control.

Batteries are fresh and I've checked connections, The control unit has a red light when turned on.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks,
Mike
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Problem with Tamiya RC 1/35 Panther Tank

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
did this happen suddenly? the batteries fully charged? what type, Nimh, Lipo, etc. did not stay for a long time without serving? what type of FM radio, or 2.4 GHz,? if 2.4 ghz, see if well paired (Bindé..) with the receiver?
Tanker Mike
Recruit

Post by Tanker Mike »

Jofaur86 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:26 pm Hello,
did this happen suddenly? the batteries fully charged? what type, Nimh, Lipo, etc. did not stay for a long time without serving? what type of FM radio, or 2.4 GHz,? if 2.4 ghz, see if well paired (Bindé..) with the receiver?
Yes, it happened suddenly. At least a couple of months since I last ran it. AAA Energizer Lithium batteries that are still good. I think I have narrowed down to to the MC-04 control unit.

This is the kit I have.
https://gexhobby.com/products/tamiya-48 ... -unit.html
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

OK, so radio in 2.4 Ghz. How can you be sure that your lithium batteries are still good? you have to check them one by one with a multimeter, in addition there may be an element which has leaked and oxidized a contact of the battery doors, also checked the condition, these are not Lithium-Lion batteries? which ones are rechargeable? When not using all the equipment, it is strongly recommended to remove the batteries, in order to avoid problems with oxidation following a leaking element.
Firstly check the condition of the batteries, and if the contact blades are not oxidized? If so, scrape the parts in contact with the batteries (nail file, or fine sandpaper)
See also, the contact blades, if they do their job well, (spring)
Tanker Mike
Recruit

Post by Tanker Mike »

Jofaur86 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:15 pm How can you be sure that your lithium batteries are still good? you have to check them one by one with a multimeter, in addition there may be an element which has leaked and oxidized a contact of the battery doors, also checked the condition, these are not Lithium-Lion batteries? which ones are rechargeable? When not using all the equipment, it is strongly recommended to remove the batteries, in order to avoid problems with oxidation following a leaking element.
Firstly check the condition of the batteries, and if the contact blades are not oxidized? If so, scrape the parts in contact with the batteries (nail file, or fine sandpaper)
See also, the contact blades, if they do their job well, (spring)
Well, I did use a multi-meter lithium batteries and there are no problems with oxidation. Anyway, as I stated earlier, it appears the MC-04 control unit is bad.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D Good morning,
Okay, so no power issues...during the first commissioning? Was it necessary to configure the radio? that is to say "Pair / Binder" the transmitter with the receiver? or was it RTF, it is possible that the MC 04 module is faulty? but first, be sure that no TX / RX worries 8O
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Post char RC 1 / 35 this forum ???
viewforum.php?f=128
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

Tanker Mike wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:19 pm Hi there,

I tries doing a search for this problem but got nothing. All my search parameters were rejected. So, here I am.

I have a Panther 1/35 Tamiya radio control tank and all it does when I turn it on is the drive gear clicks. No drive train control or turret control.

Batteries are fresh and I've checked connections, The control unit has a red light when turned on.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike, can you post pictures of the Tank with the upper hull removed showing the control board? It is unusual for a circuit board to just stop working for no good reason. Can you be more specific about what it is doing? Did you try powering down the tank, remove batteries from the TX for about 10 seconds, power the tank back on, then power on Transmitter. This will eliminate binding issues.

I found the Tank here with a good description although it says it is discontinued.
https://www.hlj.com/1-35-scale-rc-germa ... t-tam48205
Attachments
$94.40
$94.40
IMG_1162.JPG (1.18 MiB) Viewed 79 times

Return to “Smaller Scale Military”