CCKW 1/16

Custom designs 3D Printed
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

CCKW 1/16

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Hello
So there has been a little spoken about CCKW being available as fully working RC Trucks on the forum.
Sometime in the past Tiger(RCTW member) had put together a few different variants of the CCKW and printed a few off, if you ever go down to the model shows he is in attendance of, you can see these beauties up close and personal

We both work together on a few collaborations and if there is a want for a small batch to be built upon commission, we might be in a position to do this.

The model itself will be setup as a 6x6 model so all driven axles and it will feature working suspension, steering & proportional motor control.
We can either setup as single 370 motor or if there are some mad people put there, we could setup as dual 370 motor power..... although maybe a bit overkill. I tend to only use dual 370 when the model is used for hauling a hevy load.
We will use metal gear and metal body servo's for steering. All the drivetrain will me metal geared and metal bearings and metal driveshafts.
The chassis will be machined from aluminium and use 3dp bracing.
The body will be printed in resin(where possible) and i will also encorporate a resin printed driver figure.

The model would come assembled and painted in primer, although we would be willing to paint to order upon request if necesary
Are there any particular types of CCKW anyone would be particularly interested in?
Ideally i would like to make in batches of 5 and built to order, unless someone is brave enough to want to build one themselves.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: CCKW 1/16

Post by Tiger6 »

Should also add that 1,5t Chevy 4x4 and 2,5t Studerbaker are also options...
CCKW Family.JPG
CCKW Family.JPG (165.04 KiB) Viewed 327 times
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Also platform for the Katyusha :)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Is this eventually going to be a build thread, or is this just a look what we can do for you thread?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

I would agree that it probably belongs here: viewforum.php?f=62
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Kaczor wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:24 am Also platform for the Katyusha :)
That would likely require the launcher base frame to be sourced from shapeways, as its looking to be too spindly to print in resin and survive exposure to sunlight without warping...
BM-13-16.JPG
BM-13-16.JPG (100.92 KiB) Viewed 257 times
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Can move it if more appropriate
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I am one of those/maybe the only one guilty of wanting Will and Catherine to do a CCKW. I am hoping others will be interested, too, as this truck, along with the Jeep and the Sherman, was a quintessential, ubiquitous US WWII vehicles. (Do I get extra credit for fancy words?) I am hoping I can afford two, and I most want the basic version in the steel cab 6X6, the classic "Deuce and a Half." But if others prefer other versions, I will consider those, too. Is anyone else interested?
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

We will be getting some pictures of some real ones whilst we are in Normandy for the 80th Anniversary of D-Day, so we can hopefully put that towards the builds going forward.

Tiger done some great work here over the years with these, as you can see he has put in the hours.

We can work on a plan to bring some updates aswell and try to print the cab sections in resin, we may outsource to use more industrial grade printers if there is enough interest
The chassis will be re-worked to use aluminium as it would be interesting to see if anyone would be interested in a kit build rather than just buying a built version.

Suppose we should see who are the first 5 people for the initial batch?
Deposits would be payable up front for 50% cost of the models as lots of materials would be bought in, rest payable on completion.
Will build a basic model one for ourselves first of all and do a build video on YouTube and appropriate test videos, but i can tell you these trucks do run well as i have had the pleasure to see Tiger's original when attending shows together.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Here's my idea of the "basic version in the steel cab 6X6...Deuce and a Half":
CCKW 353 B2.jpg
CCKW 353 B2.jpg (87.71 KiB) Viewed 167 times
from Association Univem– Paris–Île-de-France https://univem-paris.com/project/gmc-cckw-353-b2-cargo/

Return to “WCP Models”