Tankodesantniki .....fancy word for Tank Riders!

All aspects of scale figures, buying, painting & modeling.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Tankodesantniki .....fancy word for Tank Riders!

Post by HERMAN BIX »

These jokers I have had for a year or so...............Aliexpress :shifty:
I do not know why I do it to myself...........I despise figure painting, but now I have 7 more to do. :crazy:
These fit a T34/85 to a tee, but by some twist of fate, a couple of them fit other Russian WW2 tanks too !
Once fitted to an RC tank, the turret will become static so that a problem for regular use.
As mine( and most of us-lets be honest) are also static until a battery and effort is combined, this is not so much of an issue!
The set was jumbled into a few bags but not into individual figures, so getting the parts to match was a bit of a mission.
No instructions came with them, but overall, it wasn't a big deal, more a pain in the proverbial.
Minor boiling water treatment to straighten out the weapons, and they were soon assembled.
Does help to have a raw T34/85 as a jig to assist in arm & boot placement though.

A bit of sculpting to get them together, but pretty good specimens.
Telogreika as the padded uniforms are known to the Russians, are unmistakable to us lot by eye as quintessential Russian trooper garb in WW2.
We've all seen Cross Of Iron to get that idea eh !!
Apparently the jackets were suitable for winter, autumn and spring which goes to show the concept of "keep it simple stupid " was very well executed !
As for colour, I have looked around and tested a few options.
One I have decided to try is a Vallejo Model Air 71.023 tan Green Hemp :shifty: (no-not that kind) for the main uniform shade,
Due to the variation of all things Russian Standard at the time, the actual colours of uniform clothing and associated accoutrements are many and widespread.
Good news a s bit of creative license could be required.

IMG_3981.jpeg
IMG_3981.jpeg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 230 times
Attachments
IMG_3986.jpeg
IMG_3986.jpeg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 230 times
IMG_3985.jpeg
IMG_3985.jpeg (2.25 MiB) Viewed 230 times
IMG_3984.jpeg
IMG_3984.jpeg (2.4 MiB) Viewed 230 times
IMG_3983.jpeg
IMG_3983.jpeg (2.74 MiB) Viewed 230 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Tankodesantniki .....fancy word for Tank Riders!

Post by Kaczor »

They look good. These are copies of figures from Jeff Shiu. Unfortunately, in the case of resin figurines, piracy is inevitable.

http://jeffshiu.lsft.com/product156.html
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well I can’t afford the real ones so if I can’t beat copies, I’ll join em !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Reds under the bed ?? :shh: D :shifty:
Well,on a tank maybe!
I ran out of grey primer, so red oxide they go .
I figured that the primers good enough for a Tank - it’s good enough for a figure ;)
Attachments
IMG_4007.jpeg
IMG_4007.jpeg (2.25 MiB) Viewed 162 times
IMG_4006.jpeg
IMG_4006.jpeg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 162 times
IMG_4005.jpeg
IMG_4005.jpeg (2.98 MiB) Viewed 162 times
IMG_4004.jpeg
IMG_4004.jpeg (2.46 MiB) Viewed 162 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The best AUD$45.43 delivered to my door deal Ive had in ages!
For cheap recasts they are still crisp and go together well.
If I was to be really critical, the set supplies a rare stick mag for the PPsh 41 (which I did own a real one of back in the old country), but the soldier doesn't have the magazine pouch for stick mags on him, rather the more common drum mag.
I fitted the stick mag just because I love the look and certainly having loaded & fired a PPsh with both options, the stick mag is much better!
As an fyi, the PpS 43 stick mag does not fit the PPsh 41 , and an early mag for the '41 was ribbed with the later one smooth sided which adds to the visual confusion.
For the Russians to allow this anomaly of supply when all the rest of the ethos was 'same, simple, many ' is a bit of a head scratcher.
Both were fantastic to fire.............not so cool to buy ammo for at the time though.
Tokarev 7.62 X 25 was not cheap like 9mm Para.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Now that is Red Army ;)
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

I remember those bagged army men coming in different colors (green, tan, blue and I think grey) but I don't remember red...

That is a pretty good price on some terrific looking figures.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric

Return to “Scale Figures”