Hello everyone I am a DIY Tank Builder

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
ulung2011
Recruit

Hello everyone I am a DIY Tank Builder

Post by ulung2011 »

Hello guys, I have been building some 1/35 scale RC tank from a model kit. Today I started my plan to build 1/16 Tank. After a lot of troubles I had in converting some 1/35 RC Tank I decide to move to 3D printed 1/16 one. Bigger tank mean easier to build right ;)
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Hello everyone I am a DIY Tank Builder

Post by Tiger6 »

ulung2011 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:43 am Bigger tank mean easier to build right ;)
Certainly easier from the stand point of being able to raid Heng long / tamiya / Taigen's collective parts bin for gearboxes etc. Were you planning to print out somebody elses designs, or draw up your own?
ulung2011
Recruit

Post by ulung2011 »

Yes, I love to have my gearbox professionally made, not the too-simple Tamiya twin-motor gearbox one or my 3D-printed DIY gearboxes. I am planning to buy the M24 Chaffee from the rc3dtanks site, it is my best choice since is small, has an inverted rear swing arm which is really useful for climbing backward (all my 1/35 NATO MBT have difficulty to climb backward), and has such a cute design.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

If I read the dates correctly, you have been lurking about here for almost two years. I am glad you have posted, and I am impressed by your knowledge shown in your other post with the question. You sure do fit right in here with the electronics wizards. So welcome, welcome! And, oh, unh, yes we do enjoy photos of your work in progress. And thanks for yet another website on AFVs.
ulung2011
Recruit

Post by ulung2011 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:15 pm If I read the dates correctly, you have been lurking about here for almost two years. I am glad you have posted, and I am impressed by your knowledge shown in your other post with the question. You sure do fit right in here with the electronics wizards. So welcome, welcome! And, oh, unh, yes we do enjoy photos of your work in progress. And thanks for yet another website on AFVs.
Yes, I must be here lurking for information about the 1/35 RC conversion back then. Thank you very much! Sorry for my late respond, have been very busy lately. Sure I will update my work in progress after I make it sure it can run :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”