Road wheel covers

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
GreyAce
Private

Re: Road wheel covers

Post by GreyAce »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:32 am This charger you showed will take around five hours to charge your battery
The extended one 3500mah one? You mean?

If so I could live with that.
From Mud,Through Blood,To the Green fields beyond.

Royal Tank Regiment 🇬🇧
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

GreyAce wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:33 am
Son of a gun-ner wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:32 am This charger you showed will take around five hours to charge your battery
The extended one 3500mah one? You mean?

If so I could live with that.
It's an 800mah charger, divide the battery 3500mah by the chargers 800, which is around four and a third hours, but like most things from China, the charger will be labelled higher that it is, therefore around five hours may be more accurate.

Well, if it's not too expensive, and you're not in any rush to purchase loads more tanks, and you're very patient, it may suit your needs.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
Always happy to spare the bytes
Apparently my mind works in mysterious ways :think:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Captain

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I wouldn't put money into a cheap charger. The iMAX B6 80W 6A Battery Charger that Son of a Gun-ner suggests is much better. If money is tight and you really insist on having food, clothing, and shelter, then grit your teeth and let the crummy HengLong charger do the job slowly until you scratch together the dough. :haha: I do sympathize with you about the dizzying array of battery types, each with advantages and disadvantages. The Lithium Ion battery that comes with the tank is a good start.

As for the caps for the road wheels, they are made of a soft alloy, likely with a high zinc content, one you (me, too) could file down .2 mm by hand.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Back to those wheel hubs.
If you can get a short piece of wooden dowel to fit snugly in the holes at the back, like a mandrel, and put that in a drill chuck to hold it while you file it down.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
GreyAce
Private

Post by GreyAce »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:49 am Back to those wheel hubs.
If you can get a short piece of wooden dowel to fit snugly in the holes at the back, like a mandrel, and put that in a drill chuck to hold it while you file it down.
Motion rc EU have the charger on the panzer sight so I've decided to order one of those for now,I will sort something soon though but this just to tied me over and it's cheap as hell,the tank killed my bank balance a little bit so I need to recover lol.

As for the wheel covers that's a really good idea mate,I am away in two days so can't really do anything much now besides tinker with the tank but the drill idea and a file should work in theory,I suspect it be pig steel so to speak,that's what we called cheap steel at the workshop I use to work at.

Royal Tank Regiment 🇬🇧
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Well, it's up to you, I won't take offense ;)

As for the metal hubs, I'm pretty sure they are a non ferrous soft alloy.

GreyAce
Private

Post by GreyAce »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:15 am Well, it's up to you, I won't take offense ;)

As for the metal hubs, I'm pretty sure they are a non ferrous soft alloy.
I will get to them eventually I'm not worried about it mate and it looks just as good without them,the idea of belting them in with a hammer sounds absolutely wrong to me and could break the plastic body,I've read that,that can happen.

It's had a few patrols around the garden,looks quite cool
Attachments
20240521_111626.jpg
20240521_111626.jpg (2.98 MiB) Viewed 559 times

Royal Tank Regiment 🇬🇧
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Yes, if does look good in that colour scheme 👍🏻

GreyAce
Private

Post by GreyAce »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:24 am Yes, if does look good in that colour scheme 👍🏻
Yeah it sure does and I don't think many people have this version cos on YouTube there's very few vids of it if any,I do like the old green camo one but I wanted this one cos of the battery compartment at the front and the idea of constantly having to put it on its side with the old camo scheme to install the battery just didn't appeal to me plus I know the winter version is the latest thing from henglong as far as I know so in theory it should be reliable,only time will tell.
I really love the real life leopard 2 it's absolutely beautiful and looks so amazing so to have my own so to speak is very sick.

Tanks are wonderful things,especially our upcoming challenger 3,beautiful ❤️💯

Royal Tank Regiment 🇬🇧
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

You are correct, I didn't even know it existed till now, I have, no, had the usual one, but my grandson claimed it lol, although I think I may have another somewhere :think:

They fit perfectly in one of these if you turn the turret for the barrel to rest at either corner. Thin foam will stop it rattling about.

Stanley Tool Box 26" - Screwfix
https://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-tool-box-26/899jj

Return to “General Questions”