TamiyaLeopard 2A6 for Regular Use?

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: TamiyaLeopard 2A6 for Regular Use?

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Nope, 3!!
That smoke tube adds a racing feel to it, but like blue silicon radiator hose on a car !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Feeling as if I were the only one on RCTW who had no idea that Tygon tubing might be, I consulted with Professor Google. It's a chemical and organic chemical-resistant, flexible tubing, available lots of places including---you guessed it---Amazon. Gonna get me some!
zooma
Lance Corporal

Post by zooma »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:49 pm Feeling as if I were the only one on RCTW who had no idea that Tygon tubing might be, I consulted with Professor Google. It's a chemical and organic chemical-resistant, flexible tubing, available lots of places including---you guessed it---Amazon. Gonna get me some!
It certainly looks smart - let’s hope that it works 😱
Never too old to learn........
GreyAce
Private

Re: Heng Long Leopard 2A6 New Updated Model?

Post by GreyAce »

zooma wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:38 pm I saw an online review for the Heng Long 2A6 Winter Camo Leopard Professional Edition that seems to have some improvements and features over the new Heng Long Leopard 2A6 that I have just bought!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMmPUaRsMSo

One of the first things that caught my attention was the "pop-up" hatch on the glacis plate to allow fast and easy replacement of the main battery without needing to invert the tank or use a screw driver to release the battery box cover. This looks like a really big change that would have needed revisions to be made to both the hull and the upper deck mouldings.

The other detail that caught my eye was the faster turret rotation speed. Maybe not quite as fast as the Heng Long Merkava that I drove at our club the other week - but noticeably faster than my new HL 2A6.

Any ideas when this new modified HL model will become available to buy here in the UK.......or where to buy it now if it is not going to be imported to the UK?
Was searching for something else but came across this post but anyways you can get it from motion rc in America but you may already know this and I got it exactly for the front mounted battery as having the underneath one just didn't really appeal to me.

Anyways the tank is great.
From Mud,Through Blood,To the Green fields beyond.

Royal Tank Regiment 🇬🇧
zooma
Lance Corporal

Re: Heng Long Leopard 2A6 New Updated Model?

Post by zooma »

GreyAce wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:27 pm
zooma wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:38 pm I saw an online review for the Heng Long 2A6 Winter Camo Leopard Professional Edition that seems to have some improvements and features over the new Heng Long Leopard 2A6 that I have just bought!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMmPUaRsMSo

One of the first things that caught my attention was the "pop-up" hatch on the glacis plate to allow fast and easy replacement of the main battery without needing to invert the tank or use a screw driver to release the battery box cover. This looks like a really big change that would have needed revisions to be made to both the hull and the upper deck mouldings.

The other detail that caught my eye was the faster turret rotation speed. Maybe not quite as fast as the Heng Long Merkava that I drove at our club the other week - but noticeably faster than my new HL 2A6.

Any ideas when this new modified HL model will become available to buy here in the UK.......or where to buy it now if it is not going to be imported to the UK?
Was searching for something else but came across this post but anyways you can get it from motion rc in America but you may already know this and I got it exactly for the front mounted battery as having the underneath one just didn't really appeal to me.

Anyways the tank is great.

Hi GreyAce,

This version of the Heng Long Leopard is not yet available anywhere here in the UK that I can find.

As soon as it does become available I will buy one as it will save me a lot of conversion work on my next Leopard making all the changes needed to fit the main drive battery inside the turret.

The 9 self tapping screws that hold the two halves of the turret together have been changed to pairs of magnets to make it easy to "lift-off" the turret top without having to disassemble the tank!.

The main gun pivot bearing (currently in the top half of the turret) is being re-located to sit on the lower half of the turret, and the elevation/firing mechanism will also be re-located to the lower half of the turret.

.....all the above was to give easy access to the main drive battery to remove it from under the hull!

The new version Professional Edition Leopard moves the battery to a nice easy to access location away from the underside of the tank so I would not need an "easy access" to the turret top every time I want to change the battery!

Bob.
Never too old to learn........

Return to “Leopard”