Panther ausf D

tomhugill
Captain

Panther ausf D

Post by tomhugill »

I've had this in my parts box for some time not really knowing what to do with it. The fit seemed a bit off when I tried dry fitting the parts and it came and went back in every so often. Last night I actually did something about putting it together. One of the sponsors was longer than the other and left a really big gap at the rear so needed cutting down, some filing and sawing was needed to square bits off and they're very far from perfect, but it resembles a panther d hull. Next well be lots of filler and sanding. Also I'll need to figure how to fit the upper to a hull as the sponsons encroach on the tamiya hull. But I think I can work around this with some cutting.

I was quite dubious about the quality, but the small parts but actually they're perfectly serviceable.

Big question is whether to mount this on the tamiya jp hull I've got or go for a taigen lowerImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Panther ausf d

Post by Estnische »

Got to love a Panther, especially when it is not a G.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Panther ausf D

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Agree, what a find.............part box like your must be a veritable 'Aladdin's Cave '......
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Panther ausf D

Post by tomhugill »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Agree, what a find.............part box like your must be a veritable 'Aladdin's Cave '......
I should say boxes lol there are quite afew

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Return to “Panther”