Upgrade speaker impedance ??

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Akron1933
Recruit

Upgrade speaker impedance ??

Post by Akron1933 »

Hello. Its me Akron1933 a newbie.... Tried looking this up but could not find an answer. I've purchased one of the FR-58 visaton speakers already being shipped but it's the 8 ohm version. Is this OK to use in the Henk Long Tiger 1?? Thanks in advance reading this question!! Have a good new year!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Upgrade speaker impedance ??

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Sorry mate but the poor ole HLs really need the 4ohm versions.
The impedance is too great for the level of grunt the HL boards put out and it makes the sound even quieter.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Akron1933
Recruit

Post by Akron1933 »

Thank you Brigadier Bix!!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hey, Akron1933, I see from the recent thread revival that you are still floating around (all puns intended) here! It's good to hear from you. Don't feel bad: I made the same mistake with the same 8 ohm impedance speaker, but kept it and got the 4 ohm versions. Did you get a new speaker in you El Tigre?

Return to “General Questions”