African American/African Crew WW2-Korea era?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Mithras
Corporal

African American/African Crew WW2-Korea era?

Post by Mithras »

Is there a source for an African-American or African tanker for the WW2-Korea era? I'm working on a 761st tank battalion project, and it would be nice to have a crew model or two for the finished product.
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: African American/African Crew WW2-Korea era?

Post by Ecam »

Herman Bix did a crew in this thread. viewtopic.php?p=346692#p346692 Not the Korean war, but should give you ideas.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Kaczor wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:54 pm There is this dude ;)
https://www.rctank.de/Elite-series-1-16 ... alf-figure
Egads. That’s…. Eh.. Maybe with a repaint?
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Pvt. Elite is a bit dark for an African-American, as most of us here are of very mixed genetic heritage. However, I am glad that someone is paying attention to our fellows of African heritage who served so capably. I wish the shipping weren't so prohibitively expensive, or I would be after one of those venerable 1/16 figures, even though I have painted a 1/16 African-American pilot and tanker.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

He would be handy for the other hatch in my Ugandan T55.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:55 pm Pvt. Elite is a bit dark for an African-American, as most of us here are of very mixed genetic heritage. However, I am glad that someone is paying attention to our fellows of African heritage who served so capably. I wish the shipping weren't so prohibitively expensive, or I would be after one of those venerable 1/16 figures, even though I have painted a 1/16 African-American pilot and tanker.

I felt that his features were a bit, perhaps, exaggerated. I'd probably tone them down, to make him look more realistic. But yes, I agree. It's nice to see someone doing it!

Return to “General Questions”