Looking for 1:16 decals.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Looking for 1:16 decals.

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Mithras: I recommend Rad. He has made me some great stencils and really knows his stuff.
Rad_Schuhart: I will be eager to see the decals as they become available. And I will likely need some odd registration numbers for my Remagen T26E3, it being one of the early Pershing tanks, even before the M26 designation was finalized.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:42 pm Mithras: I recommend Rad. He has made me some great stencils and really knows his stuff.
Rad_Schuhart: I will be eager to see the decals as they become available. And I will likely need some odd registration numbers for my Remagen T26E3, it being one of the early Pershing tanks, even before the M26 designation was finalized.
Hello my friend,
Plates for the pershing can be made in stencils. If I remember correctly the numbers in the number plate of my sherman are 3,5mm high. That is about the minimum I can make.

About the decals, at this very moment I can make them in all colours except white over transparent and white decal paper.

White numbers over transparent decal paper at this very moment is not possible. The white tonner costs a fortune and for now I will not be getting it, unless I see there is a real big interest on it. Time will tell!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

The dry transfer companies must make white letter/numeral military style lettering sheets in 1/16 applicable sizes, no?

Mike.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Thank you all! Rad, you seem to be the man to talk to for this sort of thing!
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

ColemanCollector wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:37 pm The dry transfer companies must make white letter/numeral military style lettering sheets in 1/16 applicable sizes, no?

Mike.
Archer was big into dry transfers, but they are now out of business. He retired.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Look at large 1/35th scale lettering etc, they can still work for small 1/16th lettering and numbers
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “General Questions”