Returning Tanker

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Vulpes
Recruit

Returning Tanker

Post by Vulpes »

Hi All,

UK-based modeller here. I was exposed to Tamiya 1/16 models about 15 years ago and picked up a Sherman around that time. I recently moved house and found said Sherman in a sealed box and great shape! I have some other models that run 2.4ghz, so will be moving the Sherman to 4ch 2.4ghz and giving it a bit of spit 'n polish. I plan to convert it to a Firefly, if possible, so it can sit amongst my inert 17pdr APC Shell, and then get a Tamiya Tiger 1 to sit next to my inert 8,8cm APCBC shell.

Outside of the above, I do a lot of historic and ELR target shooting and love my history. Also converting a van into a camper but that's for a different forum!
Tamiya M4A3 Sherman
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Returning Tanker

Post by jarndice »

Vulpes Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
It is good that we have some Tamiya builders because Tom seems to have cornered the market with his gems of model engineering based on Tamiyas skeletons upon which he carries out his magic.
I hope you enjoy the Forum and do ask questions,
Who knows we might even be able to answer them :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome, Vulpes! I see that you have already received some useful responses to your question about a Tamiya Sherman HVSS conversion, so it's clear you are already getting benefit from RCTW. Whatever your decision regarding the Sherman, your questions and reports on your build will be interesting. I have to admit here that I had to look up ELR target shooting, and I found this interesting (to me, at least) link: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/fish- ... rmin-help/
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the group Vulpes. I'm sure your Sherman will thank you for the upgrades and polish, Maybe not the spit...

Be sure to get active here and of course share pictures. We like pictures of projects and upgrades as well as the fancy polished stuff too.

Chef
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Hello, and welcome to the forum. My first RC tank was also a Tamiya. Twin clutch Leopard 1. Basic two channel, thought it was the best thing ever. Still undecided whether to keep as standard, or modernise.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”