Thoughts on the Taigen/Torro M16

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Mithras
Corporal

Re: Thoughts on the Taigen/Torro M16

Post by Mithras »

Tiger6 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:11 am El-Mod used to offer a very good upgrade board for the original WSN M16 that had the facility to add an IR battle circuit, but the connector for the IR add-on got dropped when they changed their design to suit the original 2.4GHz Torro version (and in any case the add-on IR board hasn't been available for years either).
The latest version of the Torro M16 is not compatible with the El-Mod due to a redesign that fouls the board. As of right now, El-Mod are not offering it for sale.
That’s really unfortunate!
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Not when the price of the "Elmod" board was about the same price as the Torro M16. But if you do want to buy a new Torro M16 do it when you see it is for sale as they get released for sale in batches then they disappear for months before showing up again.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Months? Last time they disappeared it was for years... :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “General Questions”