New here!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
stephenmedlock
Recruit

New here!

Post by stephenmedlock »

Hi,

I'm new to RC Tanks (and anything RC for that matter), But I'd always fancied a tank and a few weeks ago I bought a couple of Heng Long unseen, in an auction.

Working out what I bought, a Walker Bulldog with transmitter on 27 mHz and a Panzer III on 2.4.

Although the Walker was all working, I decided to upgrade it to TK-7.0 with a complete kit and that's almost finished and seems to be working as it should.

The Panzer III however had been bundled with a transmitter from an earlier system - it had a TK-5.2 board and as I couldn't find a 5.2 transmitter, I bought a 5.3 transmitter & board on the basis that the connections were similar. Its mostly working, although the turret traverse and gun up/down are crossed over but I think I can sort that by changing the connections over. The BB gun however isn't working and I don't know where to connect the microswitch!

That's me so far.

Steve.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New here!

Post by BarryC »

Welcome Steve, someone here will surly be able to help you sort the Pz III out.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome from Ontario, Canada!
I'm not an electronics guru, so I'll be of no help, but if you check out the HL section of the electronics forum on here you might dig up the wiring solution.
Mike.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome! I think your switching the Bulldog to TK-7.0 with a complete kit was a great idea. And you might consider the same for the Panzer III. I am not too familiar with the earlier HengLong boards, as at that time I favored the Torro/Taigen tanks. Did you try the search box at the upper right for "TK5.3"? Then, too, I think someone will come along soon with a diagram of the 5.3 board.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Crossed up, meaning up is down or up is turn? If they are swapped then an easy matter of switching the two plugs. If up is down... Then yes the plug could be turned around, they don't fit particularly well reversed but it can be done.

Oh, and welcome aboard!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome Stephen. Enjoy the forum.

Pictures are always encouraged.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Hello and welcome. My knowledge of electronics is negligible, so no help from me I’m afraid. I would change your board for a modern 7.0 in your Panzer.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”