1/16 RC USMC M-60A1 Patton tank with ERA - Build

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 1/16 RC USMC M-60A1 US tank with ERA - Build

Post by PainlessWolf »

Louis,
Hopefully, Tongde takes notice of what is required to make their 'Runner' appear realistic. Wonderful stuff!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Remarkable level of accomplishment.
And yet another shining example of what can be done with the right mind and skill set that we all can aspire to.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Hello and thank you everyone for you kind words.

I am happy with the way the build turned out.

For the low cost and with the excellent electronics it comes with, the TONGDE model is a good runner once upgraded with the metal parts. I had a lot of fun converting it to a scale model. As such, it was an excellent base kit. The DKLM 3D printed hull upgrades was also a good deal at $55 and was worth it, especially for the rear engine grills and tail lights, it would have been very difficult to scratch build. I would encourage Carson to issue an upgrade for the turret as well, an updated cupola would have been nice to have available. I think he is offering the whole turret from his OKMO model but it might be an expensive solution.

Here is a short video of the model in limited action. Gearbox and tracks running well on flat surface. Got to admit that having no rubber pads on metal tracks makes it easier for the model to turn and move around.

phpBB [video]

Regards, Louis
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Another fantastic addition to your collection. The speed and quality of your work amazes me.

Could you someday do a tour of your models like in Panzerjaeger66's post?

viewtopic.php?t=34713
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Kaczor wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:28 pm Another fantastic addition to your collection. The speed and quality of your work amazes me.

Could you someday do a tour of your models like in Panzerjaeger66's post?
Thank you Kaczor,

It would be a big job. I quickly went around the house and counted 84 models in 1/16 and 1/15 scale, yes, there are at least 84. I have been building 1/15 and 1/16 tanks since the 1990s and as i've been building an average of 3 or 4 per year in the past 20 years, it adds up. Quite a few are static or resin models of limited interest. The most interesting ones that i've built in the past 10 years have been posted here.
Last edited by lmcq11 on Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"There are at least 84." I think you are ahead of me--and yours are far, far more unique, sophisticated, detailed. BRAVO!

Return to “Modern Builds”