Diving into tank RC, I like to tinker

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Tango689
Recruit

Diving into tank RC, I like to tinker

Post by Tango689 »

Hello,

Introducing myself to the forums,

I have a large interest in VR and flight sims, but lately I have been trying to learn more about RC stuff, particularly drones, planes and now tanks. I have a fair bit of experience in 3D printing, and some experience electronics.

I have a HL T-72 which I was using as a test bed, I installed a FPV camera on it and found it was a lot of fun. I also have a leopard 1 in bits and pieces from a custom build. My last purchase was a Mato M36 Jackson, still waiting in the mail.

I really want to learn some more advanced stuff, and ideally install a pan and tilt FPV camera on the M36, the same ones they uses on RC planes.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Diving into tank RC, I like to tinker

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I am eager to know how it goes with the Mato M36. As if I need another project :/ , I am starting to rebuild my Mato M10. For years it has been my A#1 PITA and tinker tank. It’s also a favorite.
Like my M10, the RTR M36 comes with a Clark board, one that some swear by and others swear at. I like the sound; I can just sit and listen to the cold engine start-up. Others love the Elmod boards, but some were a bit disappointed with a newer version. Using the search box at the upper right, you could search the term “Elmod” and read some of the discussion from the past few years. You could also do the same for “Clark.” The candid discussion could give you some information helpful to your choice. I think you are off to a great start.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning!
Welcome to the Forum! Lots of answers for questions and some really good sorts to talk stuff out with and about with... We like to kick the virtual road wheels around here so pics of your tanks when you get the time.
regards,
Painless Wolf

( did someone say M36?...A lot can be done with that one or the M10 or the M36 B, etc....etc....)

M36B1 Birds Eye View.jpg
M36B1 Birds Eye View.jpg (286.13 KiB) Viewed 351 times
...Here for the Dawn...
Meter rat
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Meter rat »

Ar right, mi duck? As we would say in Derbyshire. Although I now live in Argyll and Bute, on the west coast of Scotland. My first tank was a T72, as everyone seemed to have started with a Tiger. Currently building a Tiger. I did my best to avoid going to the dark side of building one. Hopefully back to the modern stuff at Christmas, if Santa brings me a Leopard.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”