Elmod & HL battle systems

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
wibblywobbly
Major

Elmod & HL battle systems

Post by wibblywobbly »

Here's an interesting thing, I just fired my HL IR Jagdpanther at my Elmod T34, and the Elmod registered the hit. It was close range, but it shows that the detection range for the Elmod must be 880-940nm's. As this was when the tanks were inches from each other on the kitchen worktop I will try it again tomorrow with them further apart. The Elmod shots were not detected by the HL though.

If the HL lacks IR strength at range it is possible to buy an IR emitter from Maplins, plus a resistor to make it fully compatible ( I think I read somewhere that it is 880nm's).

I also took the HL mushroom apart, it is a single IR sensor with mirrors above. Very, very simple as there are no led's. Three legs on an IR sensor, and these go via a pcb directly into the three pin socket in the turret.

Dave/Darkith has stated elsewhere that in order to make the HL mushroom Tamiya compatible it may be that only the IR sensor needs changing, though the 3 pin 'out' isn't the same 1-2-3 as his system. I had a spare Elmod IR sensor here so I stuck it in the HL socket and fired shots at it whilst changing the legs around in the socket, but couldn't get it to record any hits.

I may have missed a configuration as I was only playing about, but I will try the scientific approach tomorrow and see what happens.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “El-Mod”