My KV1 finally utilizing winter camo

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

My KV1 finally utilizing winter camo

Post by MrChef »

A little dusting last night provided the opportunity to show off the winter camouflage-

Last edited by MrChef on Sun May 21, 2023 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: My KV=1 finally utilizing winter camo

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good evening, this is a battle tank, superb decoration :thumbup: . as usual, on the 4th photo? Is it smoke, that we see? I also like the tracks of caterpillars in the snow
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Jofaur86 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:26 pm Good evening, this is a battle tank, superb decoration :thumbup: . as usual, on the 4th photo? Is it smoke, that we see? I also like the tracks of caterpillars in the snow
Thank you sir, Yes the 4th and 5 pictures show the smoke generator working. It was windy and can't see the smoke in the other pictures. I painted this one months ago just waiting for the snow. Well finally.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

No doubt you noticed that even in scale the camouflage is rather effective. From a distance of, say, 30 feet, that RC tank might be missed by someone unprepared to look for it.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

How the heck did I miss this? Brilliant paint job and superb photography..
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Master AFV Chef: maybe add some talcum powder or microballoon snow by the various procedures suggested at: viewtopic.php?p=324486&hilit=snow#p324486
thestig
Lance Corporal

Post by thestig »

I completely agree with Herr Dr.Professor’s comment. Simply a fantastic effort and result!
MrChef

Re: My KV1 finally utilizing winter camo

Post by MrChef »

Thank you very much guys.

This was my first fully painted tank, And my first attempt at (Hairspray Chipping). I used rattle can Tamiya Olive Drab because the out of the box color was comical. I had planned to do the winter white wash when I got it since it was winter time and I expected more snow. But an extremely lack of snow winter made me jump on this opportunity to take some pics when we got a nice dusting the night before. I brush painted on the Tamiya diluted XF-2 white camo then had fun weathering it.

I used inspiration for this model from Martin Kovac "Night Shift" doing his well used winter camo KV2-
phpBB [video]

and the "Brush and Boltgun" channel for his brush painting the whitewash & weathered IS-2-
phpBB [video]

I like your suggestions for snow effect. This time I was going more for a late winter early spring worn off look. Something I did have luck with for snow similar to the Talc was shaving white chalk. Theres always next time.

I just now realized my incorrect title "KV=!" As opposed to KV1.

Thanks again

Chef

Return to “Show Off”