Stress Free, Mess Free

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Stress Free, Mess Free

Post by MrChef »

The answer to the question no one asked for-

"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Meter rat

Re: Stress Free, Mess Free

Post by Meter rat »

Jif is a cleaning product over here in the UK. :D :D :D
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Was it Jif or Skippy that put an actual peanut on top of the peanut butter in the jar? Questions that keep me up at night...

Google has destroyed the fun of insomnia.

Mike.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Meter rat wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:01 am Jif is a cleaning product over here in the UK. :D :D :D
ROFLOL...
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

ColemanCollector wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:36 pm Was it Jif or Skippy that put an actual peanut on top of the peanut butter in the jar? Questions that keep me up at night...

Google has destroyed the fun of insomnia.

Mike.
Mike, I've heard the legend of the peanut on top but never experienced it. Good memory. Turns out that was "Squirrel" which I've never heard of likely cuz it's Canadian and I'm not. Which was eventually rebranded "Skippy" when it was absorbed and bought out and lost the whole peanut. So you got it right.

Wikipedia, Squirrel/Skippy Peanut butter- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel_ ... %20Skippy.
Last edited by MrChef on Wed May 03, 2023 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

My thing when I saw the squeezable PB was just Why? I never thought Peanut Butter was hard or a major challenge to put on bread and ya need a knife anyway to put the jelly/jam on. But then I guess we already had squeezable jelly (although i prefer Jam/preserves) so there's that.
Meter rat

Post by Meter rat »

MrChef wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:50 pm My thing when I saw the squeezable PB was just Why? I never thought Peanut Butter was hard or a major challenge to put on bread and ya need a knife anyway to put the jelly/jam on. But then I guess we already had squeezable jelly (although i prefer Jam/preserves) so there's that.
I just look at PB, and think. Why!…. :haha: I’d sooner eat the cleaning product.
Now, a proper Melton Mowbray Pork Pie. That’s a thing of beauty and taste. With some Stilton Cheese, and Port.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Meter rat wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:18 pm
MrChef wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:50 pm My thing when I saw the squeezable PB was just Why? I never thought Peanut Butter was hard or a major challenge to put on bread and ya need a knife anyway to put the jelly/jam on. But then I guess we already had squeezable jelly (although i prefer Jam/preserves) so there's that.
I just look at PB, and think. Why!…. :haha: I’d sooner eat the cleaning product.
Now, a proper Melton Mowbray Pork Pie. That’s a thing of beauty and taste. With some Stilton Cheese, and Port.
Well that sounds good and I love Stilton so I had to Wikipedia the Melton Mowbray Pie. Then it sounded even better. :thumbup:

But they don't have a Melton Mowbray Pie in Squeeze tubes yet do they?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

The remarkably useless advances in packaging leave me speechless. And think about it: peanuts already come off the plant in their own package. You just take 1000 of them out of their natural packaging, put the contents on the floor, play disco music, and stomp away. Viola! Natural Peanut Butter! What could be easier. https://www.google.com/search?as_q=shu ... teU3ewPp1k
Meter rat

Post by Meter rat »

MrChef wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:02 pm
Meter rat wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:18 pm
Well that sounds good and I love Stilton so I had to Wikipedia the Melton Mowbray Pie. Then it sounded even better. :thumbup:

But they don't have a Melton Mowbray Pie in Squeeze tubes yet do they?
Don’t give some marketing whiz kid the idea. They would probably come up with some like Stilton and pork pie flavoured spread and stick it in a squeezy tube. :shh:

Return to “Off topic”