Latest Geordie to join the ranks.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Latest Geordie to join the ranks.

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Using the search box in the upper right corner of the screen, I found umpty-zillion discussions about chargers. Yikes! I narrowed the search to "good charger" and came up with this: viewtopic.php?f=195&t=30502&p=297464&hi ... er#p297464
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

The greatest problem I have encountered with multi-chemistry chargers is confusing instructions. :problem: Perhaps you could find a way to buy in person at a hobby shop where someone can show you how to use the charger. I made the mistake of buying online and being stumped by the usual poorly-written directions. :-< Oooh I'm grumpy tonight.
gavlar0
Recruit

Post by gavlar0 »

Thank you Prof (is that allowed, to call you prof, I have a good friend called prof, just seems right) i'm going to be fine on the destructions I reckon but more confusing is as you already alluded to, the plethora of suggestions and the only one I have found that I keep coming back to is not in stock in the UK :crazy:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-acc ... s_products

I think I am going to take advantage of Amazons return service (Thanks Jeff) and order my first trial, if it is no good, I will order my second and so it goes on...
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them"
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you want visual as well as audio descriptions of chargers, control boards and taking apart r/c Tanks and just about everything to do with our hobby I recommend U-Tube :thumbup:
Just type in the name of what concerns you and you will almost certainly find help.
I fitted an Elmod control board as well as learnt how to improve my WSN/Torro M16 Half Track, Hinged Armoured Windshield and side windows and so much more all from a U-Tube tutorial,
My Hobby King Multi-Chargers instructions are only available from U-Tube and I would not have it any other way :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
gavlar0
Recruit

Post by gavlar0 »

My Hobby King Multi-Chargers instructions are only available from U-Tube and I would not have it any other way :thumbup:[/quote]

Thanks, I am a big fan of Youtube, lean allsorts from there, what charger do you use? I have just been looking at this

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-rea ... oup_0_desc

I think this could work for me, dual charging would be great, I can charge my Lithium batteries for my 9 year old at the same time I can charge my NiCads for my 4 year old, he is just getting into his RC cars
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them"
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I use a Hobby King/Turnigy "Accucel" Approx £30 but it came with everything I needed (Except written instructions :lolno: hence U-Tube) including transformer and connectors for every battery type on the market,
But that Reactor looks nice and if I was in the market for a new charger I would be very interested in it :thumbup:
gavlar0
Recruit

Post by gavlar0 »

Thanks, im just going through the motions to get it now.

On another note, as I like to be able to "give back" as it were. I work in my family business and have access to the perks that go with that, which includes having a reliable and cheap source of tools, we sell tools to our customers so are able to buy them at trade or even lower sometimes. This means I am able to supply tools to my "friends" at very good prices, cost plus carriage essentially. I wondered where the correct place would be to post this kind of information and how is best to put this offer out there?

It may be a case of waiting until I have been a member for longer if trust is an issue, I dont know, just putting it out there.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you go to "Certified Vendors" (Top Bar of this page) you will get the guidance you need :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

gavlar0 wrote:Thanks, im just going through the motions to get it now.

On another note, as I like to be able to "give back" as it were. I work in my family business and have access to the perks that go with that, which includes having a reliable and cheap source of tools, we sell tools to our customers so are able to buy them at trade or even lower sometimes. This means I am able to supply tools to my "friends" at very good prices, cost plus carriage essentially. I wondered where the correct place would be to post this kind of information and how is best to put this offer out there?

It may be a case of waiting until I have been a member for longer if trust is an issue, I dont know, just putting it out there.
G'day Mr Gavlaro
While its great to have you (and by default-your lad) along, the offer of selling tools at any cost or condition to the general membership so soon after joining here is to be treated very carefully.
You are correct in your assessment of waiting longer........................

That aside, you will have a wow of a time doing up a Tiger.
As others have mentioned, the Tiger has a mountain of parts & upgrades available.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Still happy with my IMAX B6AC so far, but the controls can be a little wonky until you use it a few times.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”