TAMIYA-MOKEI 1969 VINTAGE 1/35 JAGDPanther V motorized RC

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
modler
Sergeant

TAMIYA-MOKEI 1969 VINTAGE 1/35 JAGDPanther V motorized RC

Post by modler »

Got this kit out today and was thinking about using it in a thread here with a DSM2 upgrade but have realized this is a rare 1969 Tamiya Mokei model Jagdpanzer V.
Attachments
IMG_4604.JPG (69.72 KiB) Viewed 829 times
Model series NO.24
Model series NO.24
Very cool artwork.
Very cool artwork.
Last edited by modler on Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: TAMIYA-MOKEI 1969 VINTAGE 1/35 JAGDPanther V motorized R

Post by c.rainford73 »

You have assembled quite a wonderful collection of early scale armour really enjoying your contributions
Tanks alot.... :wave:
modler
Sergeant

Re: TAMIYA-MOKEI 1969 VINTAGE 1/35 JAGDPanther V motorized R

Post by modler »

c.rainford73 wrote:You have assembled quite a wonderful collection of early scale armour really enjoying your contributions
I am happy to share my hoard I mean collection of military models c.rainford73. I have more not shown yet but all in good time.

My obsession with these said models started in the late 70's and back in those days, I did not know anyone that had any interest in the models let alone making them radio remote control (RRC). Around 1977, the first toy grade (TG) radio control vehicles appeared in stores. By 1978 I was spending every spare dollar I had on them. I would take them apart an remove the radio system and install it in a scale model of some kind. As a kid, all we had were scale models and I became obsessed with making them more than static display models. There were no military radio remote control models at first. My first radio control Tank model build was a 1/35 Crusader MkIII back in (1978). I still have this tank and others from the time in my collection.

Anyway, I am happy to be able to share here 43 years of my model adventure and the experience in model and electronics work that I have learned during that time.

By the way, the Tamiya 1/35 Crusader MkIII is not a good candidate for RRC conversion. It is not even available as a "motorized model" due to the models weak track infrastructure and delicate tracks. This is one of the most challenging models to work with in the RRC arena. I know this now but struggled with it then but still managed to get it going. Today after looking at that Crusader, I have no idea how I got it going lol. All the parts used for that conversion were removed for the next project as parts that would fit in a 1/35 model were very scarce and had to be recycled into the next one. Maybe that is why I hoard everything now as it used to be very hard to accumulate any hardware for these small models.

I will post a picture or two of that Crusader here in a bit (takes a while to locate it in the parts stash)
Attachments
E.Rommel surviews the damage to the Crusader. Those are diecast metal models of Erwin and his crew..
E.Rommel surviews the damage to the Crusader. Those are diecast metal models of Erwin and his crew..
Tamiya British Crusader MkIII....My first radio remote control tank project from 1978! This was the first successful RRC model.
Tamiya British Crusader MkIII....My first radio remote control tank project from 1978! This was the first successful RRC model.
IMG_4622.JPG (84.67 KiB) Viewed 785 times
Well, it has some patina showing here...
Well, it has some patina showing here...
IMG_4621.JPG (93.56 KiB) Viewed 785 times
Here it is..
Here it is..
IMG_4614.JPG (93.93 KiB) Viewed 785 times

Return to “Smaller Scale Military”