Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!

Postby Rad_Schuhart » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:13 pm

MISHA 55 wrote:Доброго времени суток. Хочу использовать кабель-програматор купленный вместе с TBS Mini у Бенедини. В интернете говорят что этим кабелем можно програмировать Das Mikro. Но никто дельного не посоветовал. В электронике я ------0. Да, забыл сказать.TBS Mini стоит у меня в танке Т-44. С помощью этого кабеля был запрограмирован звуковой модуль. Работает нормально. P.S. Неудается вставить фото. 1.9 МВ. Меньше файл телефон не делает. как быть?

Well, if I understood you well, you have an original benedini mini cable.
I dont have it and I have not even seen one, but if I were you, I would get an usb FTDI some small pins (less than two euros free shipping in aliexpress or ebay) and follow the diagram posted at the beginning of the thread.

It will work, and you wont damage your original cable... It is very easy to make, you only have to follow the drawings, and put 3 wires on it.

Also no matter how you wire it, you cant damage your board or the adapter.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby MISHA 55 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Доброго времени суток. Спасибо за совет.Буду следовать по Вашему пути.

MISHA 55
Recruit

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:38 pm

MISHA 55 wrote:Good day. Thanks for the advice. I will follow your path.
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby MISHA 55 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:27 pm

Доброго времени суток . Вот оригинальный шнур - програматор от Benedini. Был преобретён вместе с TBS Mini. Как его срастить с Dasmikro. Крайний справа - ENG \ коричневый\ крайний слева- VCC \жёлтый\ . Как определить где ТХ и RX . Почему у Dasmikro 3 провода на шнурке. Какой провод отсутствует и почему?
Attachments
P90412-203125.jpg

MISHA 55
Recruit

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:52 pm

MISHA 55 wrote:Good day . Here is the original cord - programmer from Benedini. It was preobreten with TBS Mini. How to grow it with Dasmikro. Extreme right - ENG \ brown \ extreme left - VCC \ yellow \. How to determine where TX and RX. Why Dasmikro has 3 wires on a cord. What wire is missing and why?
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Rad_Schuhart » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Hi Misha, I remit you for the third time to the diagram posted at the very beginning of the thread.
In case you did not understand it because like us, you are using google translate, I put the diagram here for you.

2,3.png
2,3.png (294.05 KiB) Viewed 830 times

Again, for what it costs, (less than two euros free shipping) you should get a FTDI programmer from ebay /aliexpress / your favourite chinesse source, and wire it following the picture.

If for some reason you dont want to build your own programmer cable, you can still use the original benedini programmer. If you remove the heatshrink tube you will probarbly see were goes each wire. Im pretty sure the usb plug has the name of the connectors written. I guess the conection is exactly the same as the benedini mini.

Again if you take a look at the picture I uploaded you can see it has 4 wires. But only 3 are needed. The one you can discard is the VCC as long as you have the board connected to a battery. If you dont want to connect the dasmikro to a battery, you have to wire the VCC too.

Hope it helps.
Rad_Schuhart

Postby wibblywobbly » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 pm

I just use the three wires on the right hand side, no need for VCC. As long as the FDTI board is connected to the esc/rx via the Y lead and the power is on, the board is powered without a battery.
wibblywobbly
Major

Postby Rad_Schuhart » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 pm

wibblywobbly wrote:I just use the three wires on the right hand side, no need for VCC. As long as the FDTI board is connected to the esc/rx via the Y lead and the power is on, the board is powered without a battery.

Well, that is what I mean, if you dont use the VCC wire is because the Dasmikro is powered from somewhere, usually a BEC from an ESC, which are connected to a battery

The dasmikro should not be powered with more than 5 volts or it will be destroyed.

The FTDI usb does not need an extra power source, just the USB is enough.
Rad_Schuhart

Postby MISHA 55 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Доброго времени суток. Програматор для Dasmikro на Али Экспресс стоит 10$ 13$ 23$ и доставка 2$ . Да и зачем покупать если есть купленный. Фото програматора без одежды

MISHA 55
Recruit

Postby Rad_Schuhart » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:31 pm

MISHA 55 wrote:Доброго времени суток. Програматор для Dasmikro на Али Экспресс стоит 10$ 13$ 23$ и доставка 2$ . Да и зачем покупать если есть купленный. Фото програматора без одежды

Hi. Do not buy the dasmikro programmer, because it does not work. It comes with fake chips that your computer will probably not recognice, and also comes bad wired.

The USB FTDI board I am telling you is less than 2 euros free shipping aliexpress.

The reason of spending 2 euros in that board instead of manipulating the benedini mini cable, is the risk of damaging it. If you damage the original cable and then you buy another one, it will be about 40 bucks when you add shipping.

If you damage the ftdi board (which is very unlikely to happen) it will be only two euros.
Rad_Schuhart

Postby Mikel » Fri May 03, 2019 11:56 pm

Hallo Everybody,

mostly there is a problem with the programming of the dasmikro sound unit, but my problem is the other way around. At the beginning, the sound unit functioned normal. My problem started after I saved a new sound and default parameters on it. Now it functions only if it is connected to the computer (with four cables) and to the ESC with battery (full functioniality). If I disconnet it from the computer or separetely connect to ESC, there is no light no sound. But the engine with the sound unit inbetween functions.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

Cheers
Mikel

Mikel
Recruit

Postby yan33 » Sat May 04, 2019 8:02 am

hello,

I had the same problem
in fact it is obligatory to resubmit the sounds when you have modified a parameter
every time you change something make sure everything is there

good luck

yan33
Recruit

Postby Mikel » Sat May 04, 2019 1:37 pm

yan33 wrote:hello,

I had the same problem
in fact it is obligatory to resubmit the sounds when you have modified a parameter

good luck

Thanks, I have already tried this (again after you wrote:-)). No result. I can read&write parameters, write new sounds, but as long as the unit is disconneted from the computer there is no sound (LED is also dead). I have also reinstalled the Firmware V2.08.

Mikel
Recruit

Postby Rad_Schuhart » Sat May 04, 2019 1:42 pm

Mikel wrote:
yan33 wrote:hello,

I had the same problem

good luck

Thanks, I have already tried this (again after you wrote:-)). No result. I can read&write parameters, write new sounds, but as long as the unit is disconneted from the computer there is no sound (LED is also dead). I have also reinstalled the Firmware V2.08.

Are you sure your model is powering the Dasmikro?

Your speed controller should have a BEC of maximum 5v

If it does not have it, wire some battery (5v!) To the dasmikro.
Rad_Schuhart

Postby Mikel » Sat May 04, 2019 1:54 pm

I have just measured the voltage: I hae two external 5V BECs: one gives 4.6V another 5.4V, the ESC without BEC has also 5.4V (connected to a 6V battery). At the beginning, I had the BEC with 5.4V. Is it possible that this little higher voltage damaged the unit?

Actually it is not damaged, it still functions while connected to USB and ESC.

Mikel
Recruit

Postby Rad_Schuhart » Sat May 04, 2019 2:17 pm

It might be damaged, yes... But it also might not. Just the manual says to poweer it with a maximum of 5v. For programming it is recomended to use 3.3v.

Id try powering the module with 5v to see if it lights..

Also if you can take photos of your setup, might give me an idea. Maybe there is something connected wrong...
Rad_Schuhart

Postby Mikel » Sat May 04, 2019 3:01 pm

Thanks, here are some pictures
Attachments
IMG_3423a.jpg
IMG_3424a.jpg
Previously I used +5V, this might caused the problem?
IMG_3427a.jpg

Mikel
Recruit

Postby yan33 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:22 pm

the 3.3v are not necessary and why you don't put the battery directly to your esc ????

yan33
Recruit

Postby Mikel » Sat May 04, 2019 3:32 pm

With this setup, I can test the unit with the transmitter. If the 3.3V is not connected, there is no light and the software says "modul does not answer". Thus the connection to the computer is not possible. If I only use 3.3V, I can connect to the software and make changes. I tried with both connections after it started not work without computer.

Mikel
Recruit

Postby yan33 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:01 pm

So I really think your dasmikro is down
Cause when you don’t put the 3.3 v on it and feed it through the receiver, there’s no problem

yan33
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Other electronics