HL Truck Electronics Upgrades

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

HL Truck Electronics Upgrades

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

I thought I'd start a thread for those that are illiterate about RC truck electronics, like me.

If you've upgraded the electronics in your truck, please post it here for us novices!
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: HL Truck Electronics Upgrades

Post by Max-U52 »

Chase, I think all this has been covered in my HL Truck Mods thread, but did you have specific questions? I'm just using a 10 amp ESC with a hobby king servo and a TBS mini clone, all run by a FlySky 3 channel pistol grip TX or a spectrum pistol grip TX, but other guys have experimented with different stuff and posted it in the truck mods thread.

On one truck I added a light bar and an FPV system. The WC51 is getting the dual motor set-up, and whatever else we come up with will probably end up in a video eventually. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

The problem is the truck thread is getting a bit long to find specific things easily. :) That's why I though a place specifically for discussing the electronics was a good idea.

Like, I would like opinions on these:

Receiver/TX combo

ESC

Servo

180 Motor

RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

All that stuff looks good, but I think I would buy from HobbyKing and get the FlySky transmitter, which is about the same price as the one you linked. Amazon might be slightly better for the servo but HobbyKing has better prices on the ESC.

But, if you have Prime you'll get free shipping on all that stuff and that might make a difference. If you're comfortable with the prices, that looks like a good package.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Yeah, Prime was my deciding factor for using Amazon. I'll be posting my progress when it all arrives in the next few weeks.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”