vandra m7 conversion kits

wadsworthj
Lance Corporal

vandra m7 conversion kits

Post by wadsworthj »

Hi.
Can anybody tell me where I can purchase one of the above kits from, now that the norway guy has packed up dealing with them.
thanks in advance,
cheers John W.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: vandra m7 conversion kits

Post by AlwynTurner »

Given the problems Michael had with his, you might be better off saving your money and scratch building, the Vandra kit was really very inaccurate. In the end he wound up buying the gun from shapeways - and that is the most difficult part.My scratchbuild :
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14394&hilit=m7+priest

Apart from the gun it's sheet styrene and the complicated bit is the front angles which you can prototype with cardboard.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
wadsworthj
Lance Corporal

Post by wadsworthj »

Hi Alwyn.
Sad to be put off , but many thanks for your comments. you have just saved me a couple of hundred squids.
So cheers. I will look for something similar.
have a good xmas.
cheers John W.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

wadsworthj wrote:Hi.
Can anybody tell me where I can purchase one of the above kits from, now that the norway guy has packed up dealing with them.
thanks in advance,
cheers John W.
Think you mean Canada. Buy direct from vandra. However I don't think they're making any more so be quick if you want one.
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

I just sold the last one that I know of that was undamaged. Vandra had one left that had some very slight damage if they still have it ....
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

wadsworthj
Lance Corporal

Post by wadsworthj »

Many thanks for the replies, but I have been put off of it. so looking for a su100 conversion kit now for the t34 tank by heng long.
cheers John W.
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

wadsworthj wrote:Many thanks for the replies, but I have been put off of it. so looking for a su100 conversion kit now for the t34 tank by heng long.
cheers John W.
Imperial modellbau, (long out of business), used to sell both Su-85 and Su-100 kits, but the mantlet on both of them was pitifully small, and the resin was pretty thick. The Trumpeter Su-100 kit 00915 has been out for awhile now, and you may be able to find a decent price on it if you shop around. It has all the detail you would want, and although it was not made to be converted to RC it can be done, (I have bought a Taigen chassis for mine, but not started trying to adapt it yet). Along with a full interior (which you won't be using) it has great external detail, and the solid-face roadwheels that you don't find on RC T-34's. You can fit bearing to these to work with whatever metal axles your chassis has. -Mike

Return to “Sherman”